DD Needs to Think About the Orioles Organization For Once-My Trade Idea

Rene88

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, millertime said:

I would trade Britton for Giolito in a heartbeat but that's just my opinion.  I love Britton but elite closers are bringing in HUGE returns these days.  I would love to see Giolito, Gausman and Bundy in the rotation.

I think this is realistic for both teams.  Washington will NOT trade Turner, so let's stop any more talk of acquiring him.  But Giolito lost some shine last season.  Yes, he's still a great prospect, but the poor performances left some doubt for the short-term - otherwise I doubt the Nats would have made much effort to get Sale.  

I think now is the time to trade Britton or Brach, relievers are more coveted now that ever. There's at least 4-5 teams looking at Chapman and Jansen. I wouldn't trade with the NYY or inside the division but I'd be looking at the other teams to see what they'd offer. 

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

This is exactly the type of trade that we should look into doing with Britton.  Right now his value is at an all time high.  We only have him for two more seasons.  Teams that don't want to spend Chapman, Jansen level money could decide to pay for Britton in prospects.  

Agree with this 100%.  Again, I love Britton but he could net us a huge return.

20 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Lets three team this trade idea up:

Nats get: Britton, Hardy

Orioles get: Eaton, Frazier, Melky

White sox get: Giolito, Fedde, SIsco, Harvey, Sedlock

Sorry man, but I wouldn't trade anybody those guys on the O's part for any of the guys mentioned. Now if Quintana and Abreu are on the table, maybe I give up Harvey and Sisco. 

39 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Lets three team this trade idea up:

Nats get: Britton, Hardy

Orioles get: Eaton, Frazier, Melky

White sox get: Giolito, Fedde, SIsco, Harvey, Sedlock

The whole point of trading Britton should be to build for the future. You are giving up our top three prospects. Sure those guys would help, but then O'Day would blow half of the wins they produce and you have just destroyed the future of the organization.

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

The whole point of trading Britton should be to build for the future. You are giving up our top three prospects. Sure those guys would help, but then O'Day would blow half of the wins they produce and you have just destroyed the future of the organization.

Lol our future?  Our future is now. I'm trading Britton for three starting position players. 

The off-season is fun for trade ideas like this. But here's how you know one is fair. Orioles fans disagree. 

17 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Lol our future?  Our future is now. I'm trading Britton for three starting position players. 

The off-season is fun for trade ideas like this. But here's how you know one is fair. Orioles fans disagree. 

That is half correct. The true test of a fair message board trade is if everyone disagrees - half because they think the Orioles are getting fleeced, and half because they think it will never happen because the other side is getting fleeced. You only have the first part so far.

Archived