Orioles told Bautista's reps...Orioles fans don't like him

Dark Helmet

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also ask because I noticed that Trumbo's career offensive stats are A LOT better when he's playing RF than when he's at first base, DH, or LF:

RF .272/.332/.523/.855 (907 PAs)

1B .248/.295/.466/.761 (1426)

DH .243/.303/.458/.761 (545)

LF .226/.272/.418/.690 (507)

Whatever the reasons, Trumbo pretty closely reproduced the big difference last season with the O's:

RF .267 / .332 / .556 / .888 (398 PAs)

DH .243 / .296 / .496 / .791 (247 PAs)

(Insignificant number of plate appearances as first baseman and left fielder.)

Of course, a lot of his better hitting while playing RF is cancelled out by his weak defense out there.

Just now, webbrick2010 said:

I like Bautista on a one year deal

too bad DD muddied the waters with his ridiculous our fans don't like you comment

I like Bautista for one year way more than Trumbo for 4

How much? He doesn't want less than the QO.  So you're cool with giving him $18M and you don't care about losing the pick?

5 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

How much? He doesn't want less than the QO.  So you're cool with giving him $18M and you don't care about losing the pick?

What he wants and what he's offered are two different things.   I can't see anyone paying that guy $17M.  

That being said, it would still be very difficult for me to ever root for this guy.

5 hours ago, LA2 said:

Whatever the reasons, Trumbo pretty closely reproduced the big difference last season with the O's:

RF .267 / .332 / .556 / .888 (398 PAs)

DH .243 / .296 / .496 / .791 (247 PAs)

(Insignificant number of plate appearances as first baseman and left fielder.)

Of course, a lot of his better hitting while playing RF is cancelled out by his weak defense out there.

I'd chalk it up to his hot first half of the season.  He mostly played RF then.  Once we got Bourn he started DH'ing a lot more.  

3 hours ago, clapdiddy said:

What he wants and what he's offered are two different things.   I can't see anyone paying that guy $17M.  

That being said, it would still be very difficult for me to ever root for this guy.

I'd rather have Delmon Young back than Bautista.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I can live with that valuation.

So over four years, its about an additional 3.1 million per season on top of what you pay the player. For a one year deal of over 17 million it would essentially be paying 30 million for one season. Since the pick can no longer be recouped. 

Archived