Yanks get Aroldis Chapman

blangtang

1 minute ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Britton for Puig?

Puig is good but he's only signed for one year longer than Britton. If Britton is to be traded I think you want younger and more cost controlled pieces coming back, since you could probably get a pretty decent prospect package from somewhere. 

2 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Can the Orioles take out a mortgage on the entire State of Maryland? They may need to in order to sign some people with the way contracts are going now..

2 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Can the Orioles take out a mortgage on the entire State of Maryland? They may need to in order to sign some people with the way contracts are going now..

They already did once before (OPACY).

1 hour ago, Spy Fox said:

Well the good news is that a player I don't like wound up on a team I don't like so I don't have to make any compromises.  

That alleged girlfriend-abuser has been one of the best things to happen to the Yankees since their last World Series.

+ Starlin Castro, Gleyber Torres, Billy McKinney, Rashad Crawford, and Chapman again.

- Brendan Ryan, Tony Renda, Caleb Cotham, Rookie Davis and Eric Jagielo

Moral of the story: ???

The Yanks had Chapman last year and were sufficiently out of it in July that they traded him away.    So far, I'm not that scared of them.  

The prices of Chapman and Melancon do suggest that Britton should be shopped once Janssen signs.  We don't necessarily need to pull the trigger, but should at least investigate the possible return.  

6 hours ago, backwardsk said:

Yeah, when the Yanks traded for him not much was said. If the O's would have traded for him the media would have gone off on them. I'll take Britton any day. 

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

The Yanks had Chapman last year and were sufficiently out of it in July that they traded him away.    So far, I'm not that scared of them.  

The prices of Chapman and Melancon do suggest that Britton should be shopped once Janssen signs.  We don't necessarily need to pull the trigger, but should at least investigate the possible return.  

I couldn't agree more. Our bullpen is deep enough that if a team makes us a crazy offer we have to take it. This may well be part of what Dan is waiting for before he makes some moves.

8 hours ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Chapman last year : 14 K/9, 2.8 BB/9, 1.92 xFIP, 2.7 WAR

Britton: 10, 2.4, 2.09, 2.5

Britton had a career year. It was Chapman's 3rd best season .

Give me Chapman. 

At this stage in their careers, Britton is better. Velocity goes away before movement does.

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

You have to admit, the Yanks finished up the season, much stronger, than they started the season.

Archived