Orioles Officially sign Catcher Welington Castillo

Machado13

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Well, eating my crow, happily.  As long as it's fried and has some seasoning on it.

Dan got a good deal. Time gets right player, right price.

People forget, Fowler would still be gone and Sedlock too. If we had made the deal.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, weams said:

Dan got a good deal. Time gets right player, right price.

People forget, Fowler would still be gone and Sedlock too. If we had made the deal.

Very good point.  People forget that.  

The player that I think is right time/right place is Edwin Encarnacion.  He'll likely only cost a few more million per year than Trumbo and is a superior player.  We just have to stop lying to ourselves that Trumbo is a RF.  

1 minute ago, Dark Helmet said:

Probably go to Trumbo. It was gonna go to Wieters or Trumbo imo.

I'm off the wall sometimes... sign Bourne and Pedro for RF and DH, keep all the pen arms, I'd be right with the world. Rickard or another minor piece. Go to war Miss Agnes.

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

In a shocking turn of events, Fangraphs are not fans of Castillo.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/welington-castillo-isnt-the-orioles-best-catcher/

To think Joseph is better than anyone is purely comical.  He probably was the worst at hitting in the league outside of pitchers. And I am guessing there were a few pitchers that were more productive. I would give Pena a shot as the back-up next season. 

3 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

I like the deal.  Dan was right on this one.  If it helps us sign Encarnacion I would be ecstatic. 

I find it hard to believe that we would sign  Encarnacion  with the dollars and years he will most likely end up getting. Is there rumours to this or just wishful thinking?

Is it?  Just wishful thinking?  How much more would it really cost.  I like Trumbo, but even if he takes the Orioles offer of something along the lines of 50-55 MM, would it not be better to structure a deal like tntoriole links above and have EE?  He can actually play right field....

Archived