Orioles Officially sign Catcher Welington Castillo

Machado13

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Why is playing in the WBC any more dangerous than playing in a spring training game for Manny?

I would think it is more dangerous because the WBC games are played to win and for national pride

ST games are meaningless and veterans just go thru the motion... no sliding, no running into walls,  etc

I wouldn't want any of my employees working for another organization (World Baseball).

Just another example of how strong the players union is.

If I go across the street and get injured I'm not covered by my employees worker compensation... and yet ML players making 10's of million a year can play baseball in a world tournament get injured and expect their employers to pay them. The whole thing is ludicrous.

36 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm guessing the manager of the DR team will expect Manny to play on the road.  ;)

And play more innings per game, probably.    However, it is a maximum of 8 games over a 14-day period, so not too different from ST where the starters don't travel.    The O's play 7 games in Sarasota in that same period.   

As an aside, I'm semi-bummed that I'll be in Sarasota smack in the middle of the WBC and may not see Manny, Schoop, Jones or Castillo.     But I'm hoping that means Sisco will get into some home games then.

33 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

I would think it is more dangerous because the WBC games are played to win and for national pride

ST games are meaningless and veterans just go thru the motion... no sliding, no running into walls,  etc

I wouldn't want any of my employees working for another organization (World Baseball).

Just another example of how strong the players union is.

If I go across the street and get injured I'm not covered by my employees worker compensation... and yet ML players making 10's of million a year can play baseball in a world tournament get injured and expect their employers to pay them. The whole thing is ludicrous.

Manny does not have Dominican national pride. He's an American.

Archived