10 Bounceback Pitchers Still Available

ScGO's

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/12/10-bounceback-pitcher-candidates-still-available-in-free-agency.html

Read this today.  I know we have 6+ candidates for SP but I have always like Fister.   He had a great 1st half last season than fell apart in the second half (not really sure why?)  I would do 1 year 4 mil.

What else do you like on this list?  Any that you could realistically see Dan go after?

I wanted Fister last year and he would have been better than Gallardo last season for a fraction of the price.  Could have helped us win the division instead of settling for the WC.  

I might still take a flyer on him if we can get him for 1/2 or 1/3.  Maybe he becomes the heir to the Vanimal, or pushes Miley or Gallardo into the Vanimal role?  

1 hour ago, oriole said:

Unfortunately there are too many bounce back pitchers already on the staff and they're more expensive than they're worth. In a world where Gallardo was never signed I wouldn't be opposed to Fister though.

Isn't Dan trying to trade one of Gallardo/Jiminez/Miley?  If they signed someone like Fister, it would be interesting to see if Dan could trade two of them.  I'd say keep Miley out of the three.

9 hours ago, ScGO's said:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/12/10-bounceback-pitcher-candidates-still-available-in-free-agency.html

Read this today.  I know we have 6+ candidates for SP but I have always like Fister.   He had a great 1st half last season than fell apart in the second half (not really sure why?)  I would do 1 year 4 mil.

What else do you like on this list?  Any that you could realistically see Dan go after?

I don't like Fister, and he is injured. Much like Gallardo was. I think we have enough of this level of pitcher myself. 

7 hours ago, ScGO's said:

Isn't Dan trying to trade one of Gallardo/Jiminez/Miley?  If they signed someone like Fister, it would be interesting to see if Dan could trade two of them.  I'd say keep Miley out of the three.

I had not heard that. 

12 hours ago, ScGO's said:

Publicly Dan has said he is happy with the rotation depth but I'm sure behind the scenes he is trying to find a way to get out from at least one of their contracts. I don't think he'll be able to though to be honest unless it's a swap for another bad contract.

1 hour ago, oriole said:

Publicly Dan has said he is happy with the rotation depth but I'm sure behind the scenes he is trying to find a way to get out from at least one of their contracts. I don't think he'll be able to though to be honest unless it's a swap for another bad contract.

Could eat some of the contract in order to get more creative in a trade? 

1 hour ago, oriole said:

Again, I had not heard that at all. 

1 hour ago, weams said:

Again, I had not heard that at all. 

I believe it was a radio interview with Dan where he said it? Buck said it too so there's a possibility of mixing them up. I'll dig through Rochs blog and see if I can find it.

1 hour ago, ScGO's said:

Could eat some of the contract in order to get more creative in a trade? 

That seems reasonable but I have my doubts that'll happen. If we could pull off something like a Brach/Gallardo for Granderson trade I would be pretty happy.

17 hours ago, weams said:

I don't like Fister, and he is injured. Much like Gallardo was. I think we have enough of this level of pitcher myself. 

Lol: I knew you would post this just like last year and you were wrong.

not that he was great, but as another poster mentioned, would have been better than Gallardo and saved a pick.

10 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We already have two bounceback candidates in Gallardo and Miley.  The depth in the minors is Verrett, Wilson and Wright.  Gunkel could be there somewhere.  It wouldn't hurt to pick up a vet on a milb ST deal.  

How familiar are you with the "depth" we have in the minors? It's 4a at best and whatever you want to label Wilson and his bro.

Archived