TT: Who would you want as a full-time DH?

Tony-OH

Who would you want as a full-time DH?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want as a full-time DH?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Thanks. I know it's natural to try and figure out who is who, and it won't be rocket science to figure out some, but I'll obviously follow this up with names shortly.

I don't think the poll is working correctly up above. Maybe it's me. 

2 hours ago, Enjoy Terror said:

D is the only one I can't figure out. I even looked up the stats; no one in the IL had those stats in 2016 from what I can tell.

I'm with you.  No idea who D is.  Based solely on the info provided, I have to vote for whoever he is in this poll.  Also, I believe that player A is 28 years old.

At a quick glance, I'm guessing this exercise requires us to project MLB offensive success by evaluating two factors: (1) AAA age combined with (2) how their most recent stat-line compares to their career minor league average.

I wouldn't lick my chops at any of these numbers. MLB FT-DH should carry the ability and expectation to carry a high .OPS (>.800). 

C/D have the solid age + stats for AAA, with D's younger age & impressive stat line possibly indicating a high ceiling. D should be given a shot at DH, platoon or FT. 

C's age for AAA is not old and his stats were decent. Combined with a good-looking career average, C could succeed. Ceiling is less attractive than D's. DH platoon consideration to begin.   

A's mediocre career minor league average + older AAA age outweighs a decent year at AAA. Minor league filler/AAAA-type player. Wouldn't consider for DH.

B is a fringe prospect. Career numbers are not impressive. Latest AAA stat-line for his age is pretty bland. Not DH worthy.

Archived