Can the O's use Jason Hammel?

oriolediehard

7 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Hammel is a National League guy. I saw enough of him when he was here to realize he would probably not be much of an upgrade over Ubaldo or Miley, but could be better than Gallardo who I think could be done due to injury. I just think he's a low-4 to mid-4 ERA guy in the AL East. 

Bless you for saying it. 

9 hours ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Jason Hammel would be an improvement on the #4 starter and could even go #3 if the team wants to take more pressure off Dylan Bundy.  He's the best SP on the market now.  (yuck)

Problem is, a signing makes no sense from a financial and roster standpoint because of those three pitchers making nearly $40 mil combined and clogging up the back-end rotation.

Spot on. Agree with all of this.

Thanks for all of your garbage signees and moves DD and we won't be going to the playoffs again this season bc you can't assemble a decent staff. Sad, because our window is rapidly closing.

9 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

Spot on. Agree with all of this.

Thanks for all of your garbage signees and moves DD and we won't be going to the playoffs again this season bc you can't assemble a decent staff. Sad, because our window is rapidly closing.

This will probably come off as haterish, but I think the way this team is built, there is no more window.  The starting pitching is just too bad and the OBP is bad to the point of it's longball or nothing.  Once the playoffs start and you start facing true #1's around the league, those types of games where you mash just don't happen.

1 hour ago, paulcoates said:

This will probably come off as haterish, but I think the way this team is built, there is no more window.  The starting pitching is just too bad and the OBP is bad to the point of it's longball or nothing.  Once the playoffs start and you start facing true #1's around the league, those types of games where you mash just don't happen.

Anything is possible in the playoffs but  I agree. Good pitching beats good hitting the majority's of the time. 

This team, without some magic changes to the staff, will not make the playoffs, with or without Trumbo.

My hope rests on what Brach could bring us. The Nationals need a closer desperately, among other teams. Let's see what happens, but I think looks like DD is not improving our staff. I hope I am wrong.

Archived