Fangraphs projects the O's rotation at 26th in MLB

Frobby

1 minute ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Miley's gonna stink it up.

I think the 26th place rank may be accurate, but I think the top of the rotation does better, and the bottom worse.

I don't know how the bottom of the rotation could be any worse than last year. That would take some effort.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless of what is predicted, on paper this rotation will feature the best top 3 since Buck came on board. It may not work out well, but this rotation could be very effective at getting the game to the bullpen with a good chance to win..

13 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

He's averaged about a 4 ERA the rest of his career. I think he'll be at least serviceable

There's quite a gap between "serviceable" and "really good."

Of the Orioles' current 5 starters, I'd say Miley is the least likely to have a really good year. (That doesn't mean he'll necessarily be the worst-- just that he has the least upside of any of them.)

Just now, PaulFolk said:

There's quite a gap between "serviceable" and "really good."

Of the Orioles' current 5 starters, I'd say Miley is the least likely to have a really good year.

I like his chances better than Ubaldo.

Both of them are well below the other three.

I'd go:

Gausman

Bundy

Tillman

Miley

Jimenez

I have hope that Miley could turn out to be a solid starting pitcher for us next year. He definitely showed flashes of that last year. If he can do what he did for Boston in 2015, 96 ERA+ in almost 200 innings, I'd take it. 

56 minutes ago, PaulFolk said:

We've seen how good Ubaldo can be when he has everything working for stretches of time. It usually doesn't last long, but he at least has that potential. Miley doesn't.

True ace level, MLB best. In short stretches.

2 hours ago, countertrey44 said:

I love the thought of this, but what makes you say that Miley could be really good? That 6.17 last year and really nothing in his history to suggest really good.

With the Orioles, his K rate, BB rate, and HR rate were all decent. He gave up a ton of hits, mostly singles. I don't know about really good but I don't think he's as bad as we saw last year. ERA could be anywhere from 3.5 to 5 and I wouldn't be too surprised.

Archived