Friday at noon is the deadline to exchange arbitration figures

Frobby

Tomorrow at noon is the deadline to exchange arbitration figures.   We usually see a few deals struck before then.    As a reminder, here are the O's arb-eligible players and the arb amounts projected by MLBTR:

Britton $11.4 mm (2 years of team control remaining)

Machado $11.2 mm (2)

Tillman $10.6 mm (1)

Gausman $3.9 mm (4)

Schoop $3.4 mm (3)

Brach $2.9 mm (2)

Flaherty $1.7 mm (1)

Joseph $1.0 mm (4)

McFarland $0.7 mm (3)

Stating the obvious, there's a few guys I wouldn't mind locking up beyond their arb years this winter.   Now's the time of year that we usually hear about that stuff.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Frobby said:

Tomorrow at noon is the deadline to exchange arbitration figures.   We usually see a few deals struck before then.    As a reminder, here are the O's arb-eligible players and the arb amounts projected by MLBTR:

Britton $11.4 mm (2 years of team control remaining)

Machado $11.2 mm (2)

Tillman $10.6 mm (1)

Gausman $3.9 mm (4)

Schoop $3.4 mm (3)

Brach $2.9 mm (2)

Flaherty $1.7 mm (1)

Joseph $1.0 mm (4)

McFarland $0.7 mm (3)

Stating the obvious, there's a few guys I wouldn't mind locking up beyond their arb years this winter.   Now's the time of year that we usually hear about that stuff.

Yeah, it sure would be awesome to get Flahery locked in into the next decade!

5 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

Why in the world would the Orioles want to take their good arbitration players to an arbitration hearing? Are they purposely trying to tick off their best players? Zach Britton had one of the best seasons ever. How could they possibly critize him? Am I missing something here?

A number of things come to mind.

1. They could be bluffing and will in fact entertain offers after numbers are exchanged.
  2. They could be trying to expedite the process while getting favorable terms using the thread of arbitration hearings as leverage.
  3. They are really good at this thing.  Last player to beat them was Big Ben.

53 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

A number of things come to mind.

1. They could be bluffing and will in fact entertain offers after numbers are exchanged.
  2. They could be trying to expedite the process while getting favorable terms using the thread of arbitration hearings as leverage.
  3. They are really good at this thing.  Last player to beat them was Big Ben.

Their reputation precedes them.   Throw that rumor out there and see who folds.    But I'll be surprised if they go to trial with anyone important.  

Archived