Friday at noon is the deadline to exchange arbitration figures

Frobby

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, backwardsk said:

If I understand this correctly, Arenado is a Super 2 and has an Arb year in 2019 also.  Maybe they are smoothing out years 2 and 3 in an attempt to reduce year 4?

Sound like it. But a very good comp for Manny. 

4 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

Manny is as good as gone. We Oriole fans need to come to grips with that fact. Enjoy seeing him in an Orioles uniform while you can.

Manny, Britton and Tillman are all gone.

This team is built to compete (for second wild card spot) for each of the next two years, then DD turns over the hot steaming pile of _____ to the next front office

Things that could have been done to build a sustainable competitive franchise:

1. Trade Jim Johnson when he was at peak value (Jul 2013)

2. Trade O'day when he was at peak value (Jul 2015)

3. Trade Davis when he was at peak value (Winter 2013)

3. Not trade prospects at Jul trade deadlines (Hader, Davis, Fischer (#1 pick traded with Hader),

4. Not sign pitchers that your own medical staff say are injured giving up draft pick and then getting voila an injured worthless starting pitcher

15 minutes ago, weams said:

Royce Harper got 13.625

ESPN’s Buster Olney reports that Harper will receive a hefty $13.625MM salary — a massive raise over his $5MM salary from the 2016 season. Harper’s raise shattered the $9.3MM projection of MLBTR contributor Matt Swartz and stands out as the largest raise ever given to a position player that is entering his third year of arbitration eligibility. Harper will be arb-eligible once more next winter and is a free agent following the 2018 season.

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don't get that Harper deal at all, from the Nats' perspective.     I think the Arenado deal is pretty player-friendly, also.    I feel good about Manny's salary.

MASN had this to say about Harper:

Harper gets a huge bump from his $5 million salary last season, though it should be noted that figure had already been agreed to before the young slugger put together his unanimous MVP performance. Had he gone through the standard arbitration process last winter, Harper’s salary likely would have been significantly higher, and that would have set him up to make more this winter.

MLBTradeRumors.com projected Harper’s 2017 salary to be $9.3 million, but the Nationals were willing to go much higher, perhaps making up for the admitted savings they got on the right fielder last year.

1 minute ago, backwardsk said:

Roch says that Tillman's is done.  The other four are not.

The other four put together will only cost about what Manny and Britton did individually.   I still bet we don't end up arbitrating with all four.

Archived