Realistic Trade Targets for the Orioles. Make Your Suggestions And/Or Weigh in

wildbillhiccup

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, joe42 said:

How about Brad Brach for Jay Bruce and Gavin Cecchini. Our new right fielder and Cecchini takes Flaherty's spot? Brach alone get that deal done?

I think most on here would poo poo that trade because they think Brach is the second coming of Aroldis Chapman, but it's really not that bad. I'd personally prefer Conforto over Bruce, but I think the Mets have made it pretty clear that Bruce is the one they want to trade. I would trade Brach for Conforto in a heart beat. I would also trade Mancini for Conforo in a heartbeat. 

How about Brach / Mancini for Conforto / Wheeler? 

20 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I think most on here would poo poo that trade because they think Brach is the second coming of Aroldis Chapman, but it's really not that bad. I'd personally prefer Conforto over Bruce, but I think the Mets have made it pretty clear that Bruce is the one they want to trade. I would trade Brach for Conforto in a heart beat. I would also trade Mancini for Conforo in a heartbeat. 

Brach doens't land Conforto and Mancini doesn't land Wheeler.

20 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I'd poo poo it because I think Bruce is done.

On 1/20/2017 at 0:21 PM, wildbillhiccup said:

I thought I'd start a thread dedicated to hypothetical trade targets for the Orioles. A place where folks can make suggestions and/or play arm chair GM and come up with potential trade scenarios and allow the rest of us to weigh in. This way we don't clutter the board with individual threads for each suggestion. I'll start the process. 

My suggested trade target is Jurickson Profar. 23 year old player/prospect for the Texas Rangers who has split time between 2b, 3b, SS, and OF.  

I love this guy and it seems like he's about to be the out man out (again) in Texas. Right now he's slated to be part of a 1B platoon but if the Rangers sign Napoli it will move him into a utility role. I think demonstrated last season (for stretches) that he bat leadoff and that he's versatile enough to play just about anywhere. With that in mind I have two questions. 

1) Is there an opening on our team for him this season? Could we plug him in as our primary LF with the intention of moving back to the infield next where when Hardy walks (assuming they don't exercise his option)?

2) Do we have what it would take to land him? I'm assuming the Rangers would be be looking for pitching in return. Would a package centered around Brach be enough? Or maybe this is the right situation for us to entertain trading Britton? 

Scouting Report Article on Profar from 2016 - http://www.lonestarball.com/2016/2/2/10892900/player-review-jurickson-profar

Would the animosity, about the MASN situation, prevent us from dealing with the Nats?  If not, I propose Michael Taylor for Trey Mancini.  Mancini would give the Nats nice 1B insurance at AAA if/when Ryan Zimmerman goes on the DL, (plus,it should also make Trey's mom happy.)  This trade would keep Trumbo at DH, give us the speedy OFer we need to platoon with Smith in RF and still allow us to go with Kim/Rickard in LF.  Also, Taylor would  spell Jones, here and there in CF.  Would this be a fair trade, IYOs?  Would it take more than Mancini to make it work? Take a look at that new team configuration-

STARTERS

CHRIS TILLMAN 
KEVIN GAUSMAN
DREW MILEY
DYLAN BUNDY
UBALDO JIMINEZ

BULLPEN

ZACH BRITTON
DARREN O'DAY
BRAD BRACH
MYKAL GIVENS
OLIVER DRAKE
DONNIE HART
LOGAN VERRETT/MIKE WRIGHT/TYLER WILSON

CATCHERS

WELINGTON CASTILLO
FRANCISCO PENA

INFIELD

CHRIS DAVIS 1B
JONATHAN SCHOOP 2B
MANNY MACHADO 3B
J.J. HARDY SS
RYAN FLAHERTY 2B/3B//SS/1B

OUTFIELD

ADAM JONES CF
MARK TRUMBO DH/RF//1B
HYUN SOO KIM LF
MICHAEL TAYLOR LF/CF/RF
JOEY RICKARD LF/CF/RF
SETH SMITH RF/LF

(RHP)-VERY LITTLE SPEED/ADEQUATE OF DEFENSE

HYUN SOO KIM LF
MANNY MACHADO 3B
ADAM JONES CF
CHRIS DAVIS 1B
MARK TRUMBO DH
JONATHAN SCHOOP 2B
SETH SMITH RF
WELINGTON CASTILLO C
J.J. HARDY SS

(LHP)-SPEED/OF DEFENSE

MICHAEL TAYLOR RF
MANNY MACHADO 3B
ADAM JONES CF
MARK TRUMBO DH
CHRIS DAVIS 1B
JONATHAN SCHOOP 2B
WELINGTON CASTILLO C
J.J. HARDY SS
JOEY RICKARD LF

On 1/31/2017 at 2:08 PM, joe42 said:

How about Brad Brach for Jay Bruce and Gavin Cecchini. Our new right fielder and Cecchini takes Flaherty's spot? Brach alone get that deal done?

For me, it's Granderson or nothing from the Mets.  I'd rather platoon Smith and Kim on the corners and keep Brach than take on Bruce.

I like the Cecchini idea, but I'd also be interested in Nimmo or Lindsay too.

The Mets save money on Granderson, but if they don't want to add in a prospect, I'd hold onto Brach and go with what we have.

5 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

For me, it's Granderson or nothing from the Mets.  I'd rather platoon Smith and Kim on the corners and keep Brach than take on Bruce.

I like the Cecchini idea, but I'd also be interested in Nimmo or Lindsay too.

The Mets save money on Granderson, but if they don't want to add in a prospect, I'd hold onto Brach and go with what we have.

Granderson or nothing? So you wouldn't take Conforto? 

4 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Granderson or nothing? So you wouldn't take Conforto? 

My post was poorly worded.  I meant of the guys they'd consider trading (i.e. an OFer making eight figures with one year left -- Granderson or Bruce).  I don't see why the Mets would entertain trading Conforto when he is cost-controlled. 

On 1/20/2017 at 11:21 AM, wildbillhiccup said:

I thought I'd start a thread dedicated to hypothetical trade targets for the Orioles. A place where folks can make suggestions and/or play arm chair GM and come up with potential trade scenarios and allow the rest of us to weigh in. This way we don't clutter the board with individual threads for each suggestion. I'll start the process. 

My suggested trade target is Jurickson Profar. 23 year old player/prospect for the Texas Rangers who has split time between 2b, 3b, SS, and OF.  

I love this guy and it seems like he's about to be the out man out (again) in Texas. Right now he's slated to be part of a 1B platoon but if the Rangers sign Napoli it will move him into a utility role. I think demonstrated last season (for stretches) that he bat leadoff and that he's versatile enough to play just about anywhere. With that in mind I have two questions. 

1) Is there an opening on our team for him this season? Could we plug him in as our primary LF with the intention of moving back to the infield next where when Hardy walks (assuming they don't exercise his option)?

2) Do we have what it would take to land him? I'm assuming the Rangers would be be looking for pitching in return. Would a package centered around Brach be enough? Or maybe this is the right situation for us to entertain trading Britton? 

Scouting Report Article on Profar from 2016 - http://www.lonestarball.com/2016/2/2/10892900/player-review-jurickson-profar

I would like to have him on the team. 

On 1/22/2017 at 7:32 AM, wildbillhiccup said:

Trade Idea 2:

The Orioles trade Brad Brach to the Reds for Billy Hamilton

Yes, that Reds seem to be in rebuilding mode, but hear me out. They have arguably the worst bullpen in baseball. It's truly abysmal. And even though they seem to be "sort of" rebuilding they also need to try to field a competitive team to try and sell tickets. I think Brach instantly legitimizes their bullpen. And part of me things the Reds still don't view Hamilton as a full time player and might be willing to sell low. I on the other hand don't think we've seen the best of of Hamilton. His speed and defense already makes him a difference maker. With a few adjustments to his swing I think he could be an elite lead off hitter. 

And if the Reds want to "go big" I'd consider trading them Britton if they also included Raisel Iglesias (with Hamilton) in the deal. 

Thoughts? 

So we're trading Brach for an older version of Mallex Smith? I'd pass

19 hours ago, Tryptamine said:

Brach doens't land Conforto and Mancini doesn't land Wheeler.

I would consider Brach and Mancini for Conforto. Mancini's blocked here by Davis and Trumbo (unless we go with my plan of Davis in right, Trumbo at first, Mancini at DH/1B... which we won't). We have no good right field prospects, really. This move would allow you to install a young right fielder now for the next 10 years, hopefully. Then you move Trumbo to primary DH, Davis at first, and Seth Smith becomes what he is - a bench player. That's a much better situation than we currently have, IMO. 

On 1/20/2017 at 0:21 PM, wildbillhiccup said:

As we all feverishly scour all the other teams' rosters for trade possibilities, here's a name I don't recall seeing mentioned, the Astros' Jake Marasnick.  Looks like he's slotted to be their 4th OFer.  Could he be had for Mancini and Brach?  Looks perfect for our needs and Houston looks like they could use a first baseman and another solid BP arm.

19 minutes ago, ELMERO said:

As we all feverishly scour all the other teams' rosters for trade possibilities, here's a name I don't recall seeing mentioned, the Astros' Jake Marasnick.  Looks like he's slotted to be their 4th OFer.  Could he be had for Mancini and Brach?  Looks perfect for our needs and Houston looks like they could use a first baseman and another solid BP arm.

I would not give up Brach for something like him.  I think Joey has a better future. 

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/5970/jake-marisnick

Archived