List of Remaining Free Agents-Who Do You Want?

Rene88

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017-mlb-free-agent-tracker

Bourn seems like an obvious target.

Id like to see Tommy Hunter, David Hernandez (what happened to rumors about him?) & Doug Fister on minor league deals (Fister unlikely).

I'd definitely like to see Travis Wood.

Jason Hammel: all about cost there.

What are your thoughts?

Two, Travis Wood and Hernandez/Hunter/Jerry Blevins.  Then you could trade Brach or Givens for that speedy RH hitting, good defense OFer or a decent back-up catcher.  Not crazy 'bout our in-house catcher options.

I liked what Bourn brought to the Orioles, but I don't understand who plays vs. LHP at LF, RF, and DH if Bourn is signed.  Seems like we would only have realistic alternatives at 2 of those 3 spots.  It sure looks like that last non-pitching roster spot needs to go to a right-handed batter, or at least a proven hitter vs. LHP.

32 minutes ago, ELMERO said:

Two, Travis Wood and Hernandez/Hunter/Jerry Blevins.  Then you could trade Brach or Givens for that speedy RH hitting, good defense OFer or a decent back-up catcher.  Not crazy 'bout our in-house catcher options.

Forget what I said about trading for a b/u catcher.  Only ones I see, who might be available, make Caleb Joseph look like Pudge Rodriquez, at least, defensively.

1 hour ago, Rene88 said:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017-mlb-free-agent-tracker

Bourn seems like an obvious target.

Id like to see Tommy Hunter, David Hernandez (what happened to rumors about him?) & Doug Fister on minor league deals (Fister unlikely).

I'd definitely like to see Travis Wood.

Jason Hammel: all about cost there.

What are your thoughts?

Don't know how they can afford Wood , much less fond a spot for him.

i agree on Hammel....but same thing moving Ulbaldo to the pen is a disaster with his 1st innng stats.

i agree that Hunter pitches well here and I can't understand why Bourn isn't done if that's the move??

Travis Wood would be a really nice addition, for sure. Not sure what his cost would be though. Guys like Hunter and Hernandez would make sense if they plan to trade a guy like Brach or Givens. In the fantasy life, I would love to see them trade Brach for a guy like Mallex Smith. Sign Wood and Hernandez and head to spring training.

The more I look at Franklin Gutierrez, the more I want him to augment the Mancini/Rickard Roenicke group.

261/323/516 with 39 HR in 623 PA as a part-timer in his last three seasons (over a 4 year span, he missed all of 2014)

In his career 289/351/495 v. LHP, and OPS of 973 and 884 against them in 2015/2016..

4 hours ago, OrioleDog said:

The more I look at Franklin Gutierrez, the more I want him to augment the Mancini/Rickard Roenicke group.

261/323/516 with 39 HR in 623 PA as a part-timer in his last three seasons (over a 4 year span, he missed all of 2014)

In his career 289/351/495 v. LHP, and OPS of 973 and 884 against them in 2015/2016..

Gutierrez is a very good player.  Always liked him.  He'd be a perfect fit.  He held up pretty well last year.   However, I can't see Duquette, even on a MiL deal, signing a guy who has this-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ankylosing_spondylitis

There aren't many of the guys left unsigned that I would want the Orioles to offer any more than a minor league deal.  So I'll include guys that such a minor league deal wouldn't hurt.  They'd have to accept it though, so guys like Mike Napoli and Jake Peavy I imagine won't do that.

• IF Eric Aybar
  • IF Gordon Beckham
  • CF Peter Bourjos
  • OF Michael Bourn
  • UT Chris Coghlan
  • OF Alejandro De Aza (reunion!)
  • SP Jorge De La Rosa
  • SP Doug Fister
  • OF Desmond Jennings
  • SP Jon Niese

Then there are the relief pitchers still on the market that would probably require a major league deal and spot on the 40-man.  I still like a good number of them.

• RH Matt Beslisle
  • RH Joe Blanton
  • LH Jerry Blevins
  • RH Luke Hochevar
  • LH Boone Logan
  • RH Yusmeiro Petit
  • RH Sergio Romo
  • RH Joe Smith
  • LH Travis Wood

Any of those guys are a significant improvement on T.J. McFarland.

Archived