Before yesterday: would you have traded Mancini for Ynoa?

Frobby

Of course, now we know we got Ynoa for cash -- how much, we don't know.    But put yourself back at Thursday: if it had been announced that we'd traded Mancini for Ynoa, would you have thought that was good, reasonable or bad?    If you think it would be bad, who's another pitcher who would be a fair exchange?

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Of course, now we know we got Ynoa for cash -- how much, we don't know.    But put yourself back at Thursday: if it had been announced that we'd traded Mancini for Ynoa, would you have thought that was good, reasonable or bad?    If you think it would be bad, who's another pitcher who would be a fair exchange?

Foolishly, yes, I would have. 

I don't think so.  I think Mancini has a higher upside.  Of course he is blocked by the $195 million dollar DH/1B combo.  Ynoa is someone I hope can provide some injury insurance, maybe give us a half decent season as a starter at some point before the league completely figures him out, and then hopefully be a useful bullpen piece.  I think Mancini has the potential to be a full-time contributor for a long time.

38 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

No. Mancini has been more dominant at the minor league level than Ynoa. Ynoa may have upside but at this point he is Tyler Wilson based on the minor league numbers.

I actually think they are pretty even. Mancini has been "see ball, crush ball" but Ynoa had a good ERA in Triple A, as the Pacific Coast League is VERY hitter friendly. That could transfer pretty good to Camden.

As far as Mancini for Ynoa...I wouldn't have liked it. Mancini has a certain "factor" about him that really screams out "I'm gonna be a contributor."

Great question and I think the answer is yes. That's about the return I would expect for Mancini. He projects as a fringy 1B/DH type (who hits right handed to boot) and that's not worth much these days. Granted, however, before this week I thought a player like Ynoa was worth more than cash. I think the hangout would be ticked if DD traded a similar pitcher from the Orioles system for cash. I know the Mets minor league system is probably better than the O's right now, but pitching depth is pitching depth. 

Have the Orioles hurt Mancini's value even more by basically making him a player without a position? 

On a side note, wonder what the Dodgers would want for Tracye Thompson? Showed some pop with 13 HR for the Dodgers. Hasn't been a high average guy, but has had a few good years in the minors getting on base. Only 24 and RH. 

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

The reason I ask is that Tony said he'd put Ynoa somewhere around 10, and he has Mancini at 11 (pre-Ynoa).     

From what I am reading elsewhere, Tony has Mancini lower than most and Ynoa higher than most.

Orioles.com has Mancini at #5 and Ynoa at #16.

John Sickels has Mancini at #4 and Ynoa at #14

Baseball America has Mancini #5 on the O's list and Ynoa is listed at #9 on the Mets list.

6 minutes ago, wildcard said:

From what I am reading elsewhere, Tony has Mancini lower than most and Ynoa higher than most.

Orioles.com has Mancini at #5 and Ynoa at #16.

John Sickels has Mancini at #4 and Ynoa at #14

Baseball America has Mancini #5 and Ynoa is no listed on the O's or Mets Top 10 list.

BA had Ynoa #9 on the Mets.

Archived