If you could trade Mancini, what type of player would you want in exchange?

Frobby

49 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I agree.  Maybe near the end of ST.  I think Mancini is going to have a big spring.

You think everyone's going to have a big spring.

I'm not saying he can't, just noting that you've got just about every young player on this team suddenly becoming things they're not.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, FlipTheBird said:

You think everyone's going to have a big spring.

I'm not saying he can't, just noting that you've got just about every young player on this team suddenly becoming things they're not.

That's because I think they are.  You must thing they are not.

What I have seen from Mancini says he will hit.  At AA.  Away from home in AAA.  He will get plenty of opportunity in away games in ST.   He should do well.

1 hour ago, ArtVanDelay said:

There's no way Mancini comes close to getting you Phil Bickford. 

Maybe not before the kid's suspension and second drug violation, but I admit I would have to be getting back more than what most on this board would because I believe Mancini has a higher value than his current valuation...sort of my own mini, anti PECOTA...lol. 

31 minutes ago, Larry18 said:

The value of Mancini's skill set has bottomed out. Better to sell a time share on Alderaan then try to move a one dimensional slugger with no pedigree. 

I don't see Mancini as being one dimensional.  He hits for average, with a good OBP, he hits for power. And though I have not seen him play much I think he will be an average defensive first baseman.  Not as zero on defense.

1 hour ago, Larry18 said:

The value of Mancini's skill set has bottomed out. Better to sell a time share on Alderaan then try to move a one dimensional slugger with no pedigree. 

According to Roch, Mancini is open to playing outfield.  This would make him a more usable player on the Twenty-Five. IMO.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2017/02/more-ynoa-and-mancini-on-possibility-of-playing-outfield.html

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

He isn't exactly in a position to say no.

He does seem to be willing and has talked to Christian Walker about doing the change (According to the Roch article).  With the limited amount of options on the team(40 man roster), having him and Walker as possible alternatives is not a bad thing unless you can get equal value in return with a trade for a blocked outfielder.

Just now, RZNJ said:

We want to get guys like Trumbo out of the outfield.  I see no reason to try and fit a square peg in a round whole by having Mancini play OF.  I don't think they try it.  

They might try it but I don't think it goes anywhere.  If they thought he could play outfield at a competent level why has he been at first base all this time?

14 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

They might try it but I don't think it goes anywhere.  If they thought he could play outfield at a competent level why has he been at first base all this time?

This is my view.    No point in putting Trumbo at DH and putting Trumbo II in the outfield.  

Would Mancini get a guy like Michael Gerber? He's the Tigers #8 prospect. Played CF in college, has gotten on base at a good clip in the minors. Has a little speed and pop. The Tigers don't seem to have much in the minors at 1B. I assume if they keep Cabrera, the will move him to DH once Victor Martinez is gone.

15 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

This would be an atrocious trade to make. Trading a prospect in an already thin minor league system for an aging veteran well past his prime. 

Mets wouldn't do it anyhow. Their 3rd or 4th ranked prospect is a 1B. And he's ready to take over for Dude. I think they have another 1B prospect in their top 10.

1 minute ago, birdwatcher55 said:

No..No..No on trading Mancini. This kid can rake! Let's give him an OF glove and see what happens. Could he play 3B? Over the next two years we have holes to fill. I want this kid in our lineup!

If he could play third why would he have been at first all these years?

Think people.

Heck, maybe he can catch or play short?

Archived