Tillman is Back

backwardsk

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reminding me a lot of April/May 2016. 

Tillman could be our Gallardo.  Where they keep putting him out there with a shot shoulder and shoddy command.  With Ubaldo being our Ubaldo it could be another situation where we aren't giving ourselves much of a chance to win two out of every five games.  I hope I'm wrong.  

My theory is that even right now he is better than Ubaldo. Keep Ubaldo has an insurance policy/innings eater/mop up guy in the pen. I know he is not good in that role but tough. 

It's time we roll with Bundy, Miley, Gausman, Tillman, Asher. 

I'm not worried about Tillman's results in the minors. Let's not waste anymore of that shoulder in minor league games. 

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

It is not like they knew he was hurt when they tendered him a contract.  So it isn't like Gallardo at all.

Oh wait...

Sounds like even DD knows they botched this medical issue during the offseason. 

The numbers worry me...my hope is he's just working on pitches in the rehab starts and not really coming in w/a game plan per se he's just working on his stuff and stamina.....that's my hope....but I would have thought at least in this last outing he'd look more ready to face Big League hitters...

25 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

The numbers worry me...my hope is he's just working on pitches in the rehab starts and not really coming in w/a game plan per se he's just working on his stuff and stamina.....that's my hope....but I would have thought at least in this last outing he'd look more ready to face Big League hitters...

The only good thing is that Tillman's first two starts will be against the White Sox and Royals. The White Sox are impatient (14th in walks) and punchless (12th in HRs) while the Royals are dead last in virtually every major offensive category. It's nice to ease him in against those two teams than say the Yankees and Nationals. 

Notwithstanding the results, this is definitely his time.  The turn's next four assignments are White Sox at home, at Kansas City, at Detroit and home against Minnesota.  I don't think that's an accident, and this is us trying to nurse him back.

1 hour ago, dan-O said:

Chris Tillman is toast. Sorry, he's  done.

We're going to bring him up and be sorely disappointed with the results. The Orioles should leave him down and tell him to pitch for results if he for some reason isn't already. If he is, he's done as a pitcher.

People have counted him out before and he has bounced back

He had strange fluctuations in velocity his entire career but always competes

He'll for sure be one of our best 5 options, and I think he will hold his own. He really is a bull dog

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

Watching his last few starts (and his comments after the previous one), his big problem seems to be getting loose in the first couple of innings.    

That's Chris Tillman in a nutshell. Career by inning:

• 1st: 5.04 ERA, .827 OPS
  • 2nd: 4.81 ERA, .842 OPS
  • 3rd: 3.46 ERA, .602 OPS
  • 4th: 3.83 ERA, .747 OPS
  • 5th: 3.18 ERA, .657 OPS
  • 6th: 4.92 ERA, .809 OPS
  • 7th: 3.47 ERA, .568 OPS
  • 8th: 2.35 ERA, .465 OPS
  • 9th: 3.86 ERA, 1.231 OPS (2 1/3 IP)

Archived