Tillman is Back

backwardsk

20 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

He had no business starting tonight. We are in a playoff race.

Hellickson is just as capable of that, as are the rest of the boys. We are going to need an extraordinary bit of luck to go on a run, our rotation is atrocious, we will need Tillman to be better, he had 94 & the fb is usually the biggest concern. We have 4 starters that are emergency type SPs. We be who we be, I'd certainly give him another start.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Cumberbundy said:

Hellickson is just as capable of that, as are the rest of the boys. We are going to need an extraordinary bit of luck to go on a run, our rotation is atrocious, we will need Tillman to be better, he had 94 & the fb is usually the biggest concern. We have 4 starters that are emergency type SPs. We be who we be, I'd certainly give him another start.

They're all capable of being trash, especially Jimenez, but nobody is as proficient at it as Tillman.  He's an artist.  He hasn't betrayed competency almost the entire year.  Like they hired a hot dog guy to make forty billion and throw home runs.

7 minutes ago, Barnaby Graves said:

They're all capable of being trash, especially Jimenez, but nobody is as proficient at it as Tillman.  He's an artist.  He hasn't betrayed competency almost the entire year.  Like they hired a hot dog guy to make forty billion and throw home runs.

I think he has betrayed competency but we need Bundy to get time between starts, extra rest for him is the only real positive of acquiring Hellickson. If he's in tryout mode, Tillman is in the same spot. He's proven more than any of the others, I played DET Tigers up and down in DFS but I don't know what else we do. Tillman is trying out for next year. People wanted to get rid of Gausman, it's brutal to watch this but if he's got 94 he can get guys out; we need to get lucky with 4 bad pitchers to find ourselves in something more than tryouts for 2018. 

Im glad we already saw Ubaldo, O's fans would want him back if he'd come over from Philly with that start & Helli had been himself in Balt all year. 

This is an awful team on a night that's not especially great for hitting...I understand giving up on him but I'd hold out for a miracle, we need 11.

1 minute ago, Cumberbundy said:

I think he has betrayed competency but we need Bundy to get time between starts, extra rest for him is the only real positive of acquiring Hellickson. If he's in tryout mode, Tillman is in the same spot. He's proven more than any of the others, I played DET Tigers up and down in DFS but I don't know what else we do. Tillman is trying out for next year. People wanted to get rid of Gausman, it's brutal to watch this but if he's got 94 he can get guys out; we need to get lucky with 4 bad pitchers to find ourselves in something more than tryouts for 2018. 

Im glad we already saw Ubaldo, O's fans would want him back if he'd come over from Philly with that start & Helli had been himself in Balt all year. 

This is an awful team on a night that's not especially great for hitting...I understand giving up on him but I'd hold out for a miracle, we need 11.

If we're going to go off the past you might as well endorse Palmer to start.  I'm angry but I'm not trying to be a jerk.  Like we're into August, Tillman's been straight garbage the entire year almost without respite, so what are we expecting out of start # 22 or whatever we're up to.  What is this?  Is this a professional team or not?  I would expect this performance out of Bill Pulsifer or Mark Pryor if you started them as they exist today.  I've seen position players accidentally have better innings than anything I've seen out of Tillman this year.  I cannot watch this anymore without raging.

1 hour ago, Barnaby Graves said:

If we're going to go off the past you might as well endorse Palmer to start.  I'm angry but I'm not trying to be a jerk.  Like we're into August, Tillman's been straight garbage the entire year almost without respite, so what are we expecting out of start # 22 or whatever we're up to.  What is this?  Is this a professional team or not?  I would expect this performance out of Bill Pulsifer or Mark Pryor if you started them as they exist today.  I've seen position players accidentally have better innings than anything I've seen out of Tillman this year.  I cannot watch this anymore without raging.

I respect Tillman too much to express myself the way you did, but I agree he can't stay in the rotation.   He's defenseless out there.   

2 minutes ago, Barnaby Graves said:

You guys are right, I shouldn't disrespect him like that.  It was 2-0, I took a shower, and then it was 7-0 when I got out.  I hit a breaking point.

Obviously, if you stop taking showers Chris Tillman will be fine. Solved!

Archived