Tillman is Back

backwardsk

45 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Did they have any choice?   If the injection happened after the non-tender deadline?

That's the thing. We're just hearing about it. When did it actually happen? Thing is, hasn't he been throwing already? Didn't they do a mini-camp within the last month or so? I personally think something came up at the mini-camp.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, O's84 said:

We just don't have SP depth and that could really hurt us.  DD needs to do his thing.

DD did his thing. He ignored an obvious problem and did not sign Hammel. Meanwhile, let's think about this. Tillman's shoulder is bothering him before he even throws a pitch in the spring. This means the guy is not going to contribute in any meaningful way this year; unless anyone actually thinks that his shoulder will miraculously get better with a much heavier work load. Hey, who needs pitching an defense?

7 minutes ago, Snutchy said:

That's the thing. We're just hearing about it. When did it actually happen? Thing is, hasn't he been throwing already? Didn't they do a mini-camp within the last month or so? I personally think something came up at the mini-camp.

Tillman only visited the minicamp because he lives in Sarasota in the offseason.    The invitees were the younger pitchers.   He was interviewed by the press but didn't disclose his PRP injection, which was in December.    Nor did he mention it at Fanfest.    It was kept secret (from the public, not the team), intentionally so, I believe.   

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Could have went to arbitration. How would that have gone if he was injured?

The information the player and team can use during the hearing to present their case is governed by Article VI, Section E, Part 10 (a) & (b) of the CBA. This information includes the player's contribution to the team during the past season (e.g., the player's on-field performance and other qualities such as leadership and fan appeal), the length and consistency of the player's career contributions, the player's past compensation, the existence of any physical or mental defects, the team's recent performance (e.g., the team's record, improvement and attendance) and comparative baseball salaries.

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/news/mlb-salary-arbitration-process-breakdown-spring-training-2016/4jkawqkczi8i17cb4rhqjxseh

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Optimistically, he'll be ready by mid-April.    But that assumes the PRP injection has done the trick.

Since I am just getting into the idea of spring and I haven't yet read a story about how so and so is in amazing shape, or has worked on a new nasty pitch, or has gotten Lasik and can now see...I am going with that.

4 hours ago, Spy Fox said:

Pretty bad news! SP health problems are the easiest way to cause our whole team to go bust. That's true for many teams but especially the way our roster is constructed. 

Our projected starting five has the potential to be average or better if Tillman/Bundy/Gausman hold course and Jiminez and Miley avoid disaster. Beyond those five...

Should have re-signed Worley. 

Just a reminder that last year we started the season with Tyler Wilson, Mike Wright, Ubaldo Jimenez and Yovani Gallardo in the rotation. 

47 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

We did, BUT ....... 

That was the first of three 7-game winning streaks that we had last year.

If you take out those winning streaks and substitute a more realistic 10-11 record for those games (as opposed to the crazy 21-0 anomaly that we had), we would have gone 78-84. 

Ebbs and flows of a season. You could batch the losing streaks, too, course correct them... and it'd balance.

3 hours ago, crawjo said:

Just a reminder that last year we started the season with Tyler Wilson, Mike Wright, Ubaldo Jimenez and Yovani Gallardo in the rotation. 

3 hours ago, Spy Fox said:

And we went 7-0! :eek:

53 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

We did, BUT ....... 

That was the first of three 7-game winning streaks that we had last year.

If you take out those winning streaks and substitute a more realistic 10-11 record for those games (as opposed to the crazy 21-0 anomaly that we had), we would have gone 78-84. 

3 minutes ago, FlipTheBird said:

Ebbs and flows of a season. You could batch the losing streaks, too, course correct them... and it'd balance.

o

Malike ........ I need some help.

Archived