I will be on 105.7 the fan today with Bob and Vinnie at 12:20

Tony-OH

23 minutes ago, dan-O said:

The WBC should be a felony offense. Lol. I despise it. 

I couldnt agree more, some baseball peeps love all types of baseball, to me it puts the MLB teams at risk and its takes players away from the season. Not to mention using professional athletics in amateur games. But, thats me, and my opinionated self. :)

Players are susceptible to injury in Spring Training too, which most people agree could be reduced by a couple of weeks. 

It's not like these pitchers that competing in it are ever overextended.  They tend to be on strict pitch counts.  How many examples have there been of guys actually getting hurt during the WBC?

I enjoys the games and look forward to them.  

6 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Players are susceptible to injury in Spring Training too, which most people agree could be reduced by a couple of weeks. 

It's not like these pitchers that competing in it are ever overextended.  They tend to be on strict pitch counts.  How many examples have there been of guys actually getting hurt during the WBC?

I enjoys the games and look forward to them.  

The two most significant I remember were position players. 

4 hours ago, murph said:

Caught a little bit of it.  Tony really, really doesn't like the WBC! He said one of our players is playing for Australia, but I missed the name, anyone know who that is?

It's Alex Wells. I think it's criminal that a 20-year old will be pitching full out during the time he should be getting his arm in shape for the 2017 minor league season under the watchful eye's of the organizations pitching coaches. I'm not too worried over the hitters as long as they are getting ABs they need, but the whole timing of the WBC is terrible.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

It's Alex Wells. I think it's criminal that a 20-year old will be pitching full out during the time he should be getting his arm in shape for the 2017 minor league season under the watchful eye's of the organizations pitching coaches. I'm not too worried over the hitters as long as they are getting ABs they need, but the whole timing off the WBC is terrible.

I hope both he and Mychal Givens come out unscathed. He has been a good find for a poor system. 

Archived