NO Girardi

deuce

The O's are the boy trying to get a date for the prom.

Joe Girardi is the popular but superficial cheerleader who turns the boy down.

Dave Trembley is the smart, loyal but mousy girl-next-door who has been "just friends" with the boy since childhood, but who is secretly dying for the boy to ask her to the prom.

In the last reel, the girl-next-door gets a new hairstyle and changes her glasses for contacts, and the boy realizes that the right girl was under his nose the whole time.

Funny Part is this year for Senior Prom I asked the Really(will br valedictorian of next years senior class) smart girl next door who I've been friends with forever, and used to have a huge crush on me. She did change her hairstyle, wore contacts instead of glasses, and made every other guy jealous because everyone thought she was the best looking girl there.

Maybe it could work out for the O's to.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I guess at this point we may as well say welcome back to Davey Johnson.

Welcome back Davey

I suspect the only "Dave" we'll see for the rest of the year is Dave Trembley.....which doesn't really upset me. I have a good feeling about him.

However, I think the decision for change has been made, so maybe we'll see Dave Johnson next year.

These quotes from Trembley really make me like him. It's pretty obvious he's not being considered for the full-time job, but maybe if they hire Davey Johnson who's 64, Trembley could be the successor when Johnson leaves.

"We lost nine games in a row. I was just trying to put a lineup together where maybe it would break the ice a little bit," Trembley said.

"What I saw was guys taking a lot of pitches, working the counts, using the whole field, being patient at the plate. There was just a real good chemistry in the lineup."

Trembley referred to Millar as "my secret weapon," and it looked that way in the first. Millar had the second of three doubles for the Orioles in the inning, scoring Markakis, whose RBI single off Justin Germano provided a 1-0 lead.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baseball/bal-sp.orioles21jun21,0,6038783.story?coll=bal-sports-baseball&?track=sto-relcon

MacPhail said it best about Girardi and any other managerial candidate:

"I don't think I want to do too much selling," he said. "I want to see the interest on their part. I don't think there will be a manager here who doesn't want to be here."

Yes, it's time to move on, to Davey Johnson. There's nothing wrong with Trembley, but the Orioles need to move outside the organization for a fresh managerial perspective.

The vibe coming from Girardi has been one of hesitance from the get go. We need a leader who wants to actually be here. Personally, Trembley may be who we need, and Johnson may be who we get, but I am not opposed to looking elsewhere for a dynamic candidate. Kirk Gibson is among the men I'd look into if we decide to forego the others.

Guest oriofan8
Agreed. Girardi doesn't want the job, oh well. I think Trembley can do an outstanding job if given an opportunity.

I don't want any manager or player who only takes a job here because the job he really wants might open up soon. Good riddance Yankee!!!

...and maybe he feels,(or is told) that his value is real high right now, and if he takes a chance and "falls on his face", the people who hire for the job he really wants, realize he may just have been a "one year wonder"...and his stock plummets, and he doesn't get his "dream job".

If he truly turned us down so to keep his name in the running for the "BIG" job....I'm with Tony....Good riddance Yankee!!!

The O's are the boy trying to get a date for the prom.

Joe Girardi is the popular but superficial cheerleader who turns the boy down.

Dave Trembley is the smart, loyal but mousy girl-next-door who has been "just friends" with the boy since childhood, but who is secretly dying for the boy to ask her to the prom.

In the last reel, the girl-next-door gets a new hairstyle and changes her glasses for contacts, and the boy realizes that the right girl was under his nose the whole time.

Have you ever seen Joe Girardi? He ain't no cheerleader.

Though now that he's turned down the O's I wouldn't mind dressing him up in a skirt and calling him girls' names.

Espn is so biased when it comes to it's reporting. Any time a team loses it's coach they are run through the ringer. Look what's happened with the whole Donovan to Kentucky,,,then, Donovan to Orlando. Espn made Kentucky look like the worst job in the entire world. Now they appear to be doing the same thing to our Baltimore team. Espn has an agenda....(Yankees and Duke) and any of their competition is going to be treated like a stepsister. I'm sure all the O's, Terp, & Ky fans all know what I'm talking about. But, the O's will get the right coach...even if we get our second choice. The second choice seems to be the one that truly wants the job and will do their best. It'll all blow over soon and the Orioles will be back to being Camelot again.

Espn is so biased when it comes to it's reporting. Any time a team loses it's coach they are run through the ringer. Look what's happened with the whole Donovan to Kentucky,,,then, Donovan to Orlando. Espn made Kentucky look like the worst job in the entire world. Now they appear to be doing the same thing to our Baltimore team. Espn has an agenda....(Yankees and Duke) and any of their competition is going to be treated like a stepsister. I'm sure all the O's, Terp, & Ky fans all know what I'm talking about. But, the O's will get the right coach...even if we get our second choice. The second choice seems to be the one that truly wants the job and will do their best. It'll all blow over soon and the Orioles will be back to being Camelot again.

To be honest, the Os job is just not an attractive one. It's been a terrible franchise for a decade. The McPhail hiring makes it seem like things are taking a turn for the better. But, I don't blame any manager who is skeptical.

how can it go from negotiating and sounding like we having our new manager to Girardi turning us down? this is my first post but i have been reading comments for a while now. belkast, bigbird, any insiders, what went wrong. olney thought it was a done deal. wow i am still shocked. hopefully we get davey now.

how can it go from negotiating and sounding like we having our new manager to Girardi turning us down? this is my first post but i have been reading comments for a while now. belkast, bigbird, any insiders, what went wrong. olney thought it was a done deal. wow i am still shocked. hopefully we get davey now.

Gerardi wanted $1M per year for 3 years. Angelos wouldn't budge off his offer of $999,999.99.....:D

Archived