Joey Rickard

weams

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

Rickard now has an OPS of .610. He continues to be redundant with Gentry on the team, and his inability to get a bunt down was the last straw for me. If Mancini is going to the DL, claim a real DH on waivers and start Smith in RF.

To add on, he just doesn't pass the eye test defensively either. Awful routes to the ball and a below average arm for RF. He's a spot start player at best. 

5 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

Rickard now has an OPS of .610. He continues to be redundant with Gentry on the team, and his inability to get a bunt down was the last straw for me. If Mancini is going to the DL, claim a real DH on waivers and start Smith in RF.

At this point, call up Santander and let him play every day. Can the kid really be that much worse than Gentry and Rickard?

Just now, eddie83 said:

He is used as a backup OF. Late game glove and starts vs LHP.

I don't get the issue. Trey is hurt and we have 13 pitchers right now. 

But they won't DL Mancini. And Rickard faced all righties and was completely overmatched.

Just now, Jagwar said:

I've had enough of Rickard hitting the ball as hard as he can, and having it be a medium depth fly ball out.

Bring up Hays.

They need to use the drill from Major League where he has to do push-ups every time he hits it in the air.

If Mancini can't play by weekends end, I'd DL him and let him take his time coming back. There's no rush at this point. Bring Santander up and move Castro into the rotation while DLing Tilly, as well. 

Just now, eddie83 said:

You don't DL a guy if you don't have to. One game is worth being without him for 10?

We'll see if Mancini is back in the lineup tomorrow. But the FO is the one that decided with their approach to the deadline that every game is worth going for from here on out. 

Isn't there a 3 game concussion DL?  We should probably use that. Smith has a sore hamstring. No reason to play down an OF in OAK. 

Perfect opportunity to call up Yaz or Dickerson for 3 days. Let Santander have the full rehab, plus his arm might be a question mark. 

We could always DFA one of the guys that is out of options for next year. Verrett?

Archived