Thank You, Mark Daniel Trumbo

OFFNY

15 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Got to bite the bullet and cut him.  Say he comes back in July they'll owe him about 7 million.  If they were willing to eat Cashner's 8 million in spring training to trade him like mlb trade rumors reported I don't see why they wouldn't just cut Trumbo.  He's more trouble roster wise then he's worth.  And its not like he'll have trade value, even if he was healthy.  Right handed DH's are a dime a dozen.

I agree.  However, unfortunately I don't think it's that simple as we'd like it to be.

7 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I agree.  However, unfortunately I don't think it's that simple as we'd like it to be.

It needs to be that simple.

This is a no brainer for Elias and if ownership is getting involved over eating the Trumbo contract we're doomed.

Just now, orioles22 said:

It's not like Trumbo would be taking at bats away from someone who is having a great season. If he gets hot, maybe someone would offer something.

Mancini is having a pretty decent year.  You have Stewart and Mountcastle in the minors having nice years, they could be impacted.

What team would give ANYTHING for Trumbo if he has a couple of hot weeks?  What team is looking for that?

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

It needs to be that simple.

This is a no brainer for Elias and if ownership is getting involved over eating the Trumbo contract we're doomed.

Again, I agree.  

I just don't think it is that simple.  It seems to be the obvious solution.  I'd do it.  You'd do it. @Lucky_13 would do it.  Probably a lot of other people on here would do it, too.

As much as we'd like to think we know everything and think that this should happen or that decisions like this SHOULD be this easy, we just don't know.  

So if we can all agree that it needs to be that simple, that it should be that simple, and if Elias is smarter than us (Any TJ grads on here?) and it doesn't happen...well, then it's not that simple.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Mancini is having a pretty decent year.  You have Stewart and Mountcastle in the minors having nice years, they could be impacted.

What team would give ANYTHING for Trumbo if he has a couple of hot weeks?  What team is looking for that?

This, 100%.  

It just blocks the ability for others to get some time in Baltimore.

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Again, I agree.  

I just don't think it is that simple.  It seems to be the obvious solution.  I'd do it.  You'd do it. @Lucky_13 would do it.  Probably a lot of other people on here would do it, too.

As much as we'd like to think we know everything and think that this should happen or that decisions like this SHOULD be this easy, we just don't know.  

So if we can all agree that it needs to be that simple, that it should be that simple, and if Elias is smarter than us (Any TJ grads on here?) and it doesn't happen...well, then it's not that simple.

And we're doomed because the sons are worse than I've been predicting.

I can't see him taking any at bats from Mancini

Mountcastle should stay in Norfolk until September

I have no confidence in Stewart ever helping us

Didn't Trumbo lead the league in homers one year - at his best, he's better than a throwaway player for someone in a pennant run. If he's healthy, of course.

3 minutes ago, orioles22 said:

Didn't Trumbo lead the league in homers one year - at his best, he's better than a throwaway player for someone in a pennant run. If he's healthy, of course.

Would you rather see Trumbo or Stewart?  I'm not a big Stewart fan either but at least he's got some upside.

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

I'm not so sure about that just yet.  I haven't seen much from them in one way or another to know how they're doing.

I meant if they won't let Elias cut Trumbo.

If he doesn't have that level of freedom to make moves, this isn't going to work. 

4 minutes ago, orioles22 said:

Remember who the Orioles traded away for a healthy, 30 year old Trumbo?