Dylan Bundy 2017

Frobby

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Frobby said:

He had ten quality starts in his first 11 outings, so I doubt we would have gotten much more out of him in that period.    Maybe he would have avoided the fatigue that seemed to set in from early June through July.    We'll never know.   

Meanwhile, I'm really happy with what we have here.     18 QS in 25 starts.   If anything, his 13-8 record understates how well he's pitched.  Assuming he stays healthy, he should be a stud for years to come.   

Easy for you to say!  B|

We have a few of those candidates - Trey, Austin Hays, HH, Mountcastle, Hanifee - whoops - getting a bit "Cumberbundy" here....:x

12 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Per Brooks Baseball, he was averaging 93.2 (topping 95.3), a notch above his season average of 92.2. He definitely had confidence in the four seam high in the zone as mentioned in the article, which then makes the change up and curve all the more effective. 

With Bundy, I always feel he has a plan.    And a lot of different pitch/location options that he can execute.   Gausman is far more predictable, even when he's on his game.    

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

With Bundy, I always feel he has a plan.    And a lot of different pitch/location options that he can execute.   Gausman is far more predictable, even when he's on his game.    

Not surprising, Bundy's curve and slider are both way better than whatever breaking ball Gausman is trying to throw in a particular start.

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Not surprising, Bundy's curve and slider are both way better than whatever breaking ball Gausman is trying to throw in a particular start.

That's true, but Gausman also has trouble with fastball command, especially in certain parts of the strike zone.     Bundy generally can throw it anywhere.   

40 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

Not too surprising that he tired in the 4th inning today, given that he threw 116 pitches in his last start and was on normal rest.  He should bounce back for his next start.  Of course, this would have been a nice game to have him at his best for.  

He wasn't normal rest. Palmer was wrong when he said it. If he stays on same rest he will pitch the Sunday Night game.  

17 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Just too many pitches and too many wasted foul balls by the Yankees.His stuff was excellent early, he just ran out off gas ...

He didn't get ahead early in the count, and threw a lot of untempting balls.   Look how many pitches weren't close to being strikes:

location.php-pitchSel=605164&game=gid_20

Archived