Austin Hays 2017

Frobby

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, scarey1999 said:

It is interesting too that he is playing CF over Mullins.  I thought I'd read Mullins was the better CF defensively.

Maybe they figure he is on a faster track to take over that position at the major league level, and they project Mullins more as a 4th outfielder.

33 minutes ago, scarey1999 said:

It is interesting too that he is playing CF over Mullins.  I thought I'd read Mullins was the better CF defensively.

Actually, they've been splitting the duties.    Hays has played CF three times and RF three times.    In the three games where Hays played CF, Mullins played LF twice and was rested the other game.    

54 minutes ago, scarey1999 said:

Mullins was in CF the other day with Hays in RF.  

I think they are moving them around, which they should be since both could be playing center or corner outfield a the big league level.  I wouldn't read too much into it.  

I think Mullins in CF and Hays in RF is a much more likely alignment at the major league level given Hays's arm.  

2 hours ago, ChuckS said:

Mullins was in CF the other day with Hays in RF.  

I think they are moving them around, which they should be since both could be playing center or corner outfield a the big league level.  I wouldn't read too much into it.  

I think Mullins in CF and Hays in RF is a much more likely alignment at the major league level given Hays's arm.  

Plus arm? Didn't know that. Exciting. 

On 6/21/2017 at 11:39 AM, sportsfan8703 said:

Bowie's lineup is probably the best we've had to follow prospect wise in a long time.  I don't remember having this many prospects on one milb team before.  

Prospects- Mullins, Hays, Stewart

Fringey prospects- Marin, Wynns.

Guys on the radar- Wilkerson, A.Rodriguez, Salcedo

All performing well.  

Happy 24th birthday to Erick Salcedo!

DDbYWhSXkAIk-4y.jpg

So, in a 2 or 3 years, the OF will be Hays, Mullins, and...

A. Mancini

B. The lefty/righty platoon of Rifaela and Gassaway

C. Mountcastle

D.  Adam Jones

E. Robles or Sato from a Nationals trade, or 

F. Your idea is... 

48 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

So, in a 2 or 3 years, the OF will be Hays, Mullins, and...

A. Mancini

B. The lefty/righty platoon of Rifaela and Gassaway

C. Mountcastle

D.  Adam Jones

E. Robles or Sato from a Nationals trade, or 

F. Your idea is... 

A, C, and D in the order of likelihood.  

29 minutes ago, phillyOs119 said:

Robles would be the dream scenario, that outfield wouldn't let anything drop.

They might also win an Olmpic medal while they are at it.

If the Orioles did get Robles thru a trade and made the outfield Robles, Hays, and Mullins (in no order), who do you see as the 4th (and possibly 5th?) Ring? Gassaway? Mountcastle? Stewart? Jones? Rifaela?

52 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

They might also win an Olmpic medal while they are at it.

If the Orioles did get Robles thru a trade and made the outfield Robles, Hays, and Mullins (in no order), who do you see as the 4th (and possibly 5th?) Ring? Gassaway? Mountcastle? Stewart? Jones? Rifaela?

I'm not high on Ring. I think Mountcastle can play second base, and is a better prospect than Mullins or Hays. None of those guys really fit a 4/5 outfielder profile (ability to play center) except Jones and by then he probably shouldn't be in center either.  I like Jay Gonzalez as a 5th outfielder with perhaps the upside of a fourth outfielder.

Just now, phillyOs119 said:

I'm not high on Ring. I think Mountcastle can play second base, and is a better prospect than Mullins or Hays. None of those guys really fit a 4/5 outfielder profile (ability to play center) except Jones and by then he probably shouldn't be in center either.  I like Jay Gonzalez as a 5th outfielder with perhaps the upside of a fourth outfielder.

Nope

7 minutes ago, phillyOs119 said:

Gonzalez would bring another speed element.

What about Stewart?

Archived