The Thread in which we post LF'ers we should go after

SilentJames

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's not going to gain any value, either.

The only direction to go is down.

It would go down a little with a poor second half, and it would go down a lot with a serious injury.

Mr. plays-everyday just had his value sliced in half by injury, after it had already been trickling away due to subpar production.

Doubtful unless he can't make it back before the deadline ends.

However, if he gets back by say, July 23, that gives him a week to play and for teams to see him play.

That is all they will need to see to trade for him and trade the same value for him.

We are more likely to get that "blow away" offer for him than we were for Miggy.

Besides, i have no issue holding onto one of the best 7 or so starters in the AL.

Huh?

Why would you be more likely to be blown away for the 7th best starter in the AL than for the best SS (according to some here) in the AL???

Huh?

Why would you be more likely to be blown away for the 7th best starter in the AL than for the best SS (according to some here) in the AL???

Contract, age and the fact that top starters(especially left handed ones) are much harder to find.

Plus, at the deadline, pitchers get more than hitters.

Doubtful unless he can't make it back before the deadline ends.

However, if he gets back by say, July 23, that gives him a week to play and for teams to see him play.

That is all they will need to see to trade for him and trade the same value for him.

If you really think Tejada is going to fully recover his trade value by the trade deadline, you're in for a very painful dose of reality here my friend.

Wrist injuries are not good. Not good at all. They take a long time to heal, and often zap a guy's power significantly.

That, coupled with the power outage we've already witnessed from Tejada, is going to make teams exceedingly reluctant to trade for this guy. You've got your head in the sand if you believe otherwise.

Contract, age and the fact that top starters(especially left handed ones) are much harder to find.

Plus, at the deadline, pitchers get more than hitters.

Funny, you always used to mention these same factors (bargain contract and position scarcity) when inflating Tejada's trade value.

If you really think Tejada is going to fully recover his trade value by the trade deadline, you're in for a very painful dose of reality here my friend.

Wrist injuries are not good. Not good at all. They take a long time to heal, and often zap a guy's power significantly.

That, coupled with the power outage we've already witnessed from Tejada, is going to make teams exceedingly reluctant to trade for this guy. You've got your head in the sand if you believe otherwise.

Yeah, I have to part ways from SG here. Tejada's not going to fetch anything of significance this season. If he performs well down the stretch, though, his value could rebound in the offseason.

Teams are just going to want to see him healthy and playing well.

If he can't get back in time, i agree with you.

However, if he gets back and shows he can play, it won't effect anything.

Not like you are worried about Miggy and other chronic problems. He has a slight fracture, one he wanted to play through.

If he doesn't get back in enough time, then he has to re-establish his value over the rest of the season and you trade him in the offseason.

I thought this thread was about what left fielders we wanted not about whether Rob or Dave can piss further than the other.

So.......

The guy I would really love to have on this team is Josh Willingham.

He is 28, a very good on-base guy, with very good pop. His numbers would go up from Florida to OPACY. Good big right handed cheap bat. He would also serve as an emergency catcher, if that is even important. I don't know what it would take to get him but I think Reimold has an upside of becoming a little better than Willingham so I would be willing to deal Reimold and J.J. Johnson to get him.

I thought this thread was about what left fielders we wanted not about whether Rob or Dave can piss further than the other.

So.......

The guy I would really love to have on this team is Josh Willingham.

He is 28, a very good on-base guy, with very good pop. His numbers would go up from Florida to OPACY. Good big right handed cheap bat. He would also serve as an emergency catcher, if that is even important. I don't know what it would take to get him but I think Reimold has an upside of becoming a little better than Willingham so I would be willing to deal Reimold and J.J. Johnson to get him.

Not me...Much rather have Reimold.

Willingham would be a nice pickup but i venture to guess you can find alot of guys like him in the minors.

I mean, how much more would he give you than Knott would over the same amount of abs?

Archived