Nice job by Bleier and Ubaldo

Frobby

This game could have turned into an uncompetitive farce after the umps threw Gausman out, but Bleier and Ubaldo didn't let that happen.   They kept the O's in it and gave us a chance to win the game.    Kudos to them.    

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

This game could have turned into an uncompetitive farce after the umps threw Gausman out, but Bleier and Ubaldo didn't let that happen.   They kept the O's in it and gave us a chance to win the game.    Kudos to them.    

Yes, too bad Davis and Trumbo can' t hit..

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The game WAS a farce. Ubaldo could have given up zero runs or ten runs and nobody would have cared. He was pitching with zero pressure because the results of the game had basically become secondary to the absurdity of what occurred earlier in the night. 

3 minutes ago, TINSTAAPP said:

The game WAS a farce. Ubaldo could have given up zero runs or ten runs and nobody would have cared. He was pitching with zero pressure because the results of the game had basically become secondary to the absurdity of what occurred earlier in the night. 

Not that I am holding my breath but maybe this turns his season around. 

8 minutes ago, TINSTAAPP said:

Ubaldo needs zero- pressure situations right now to build up his confidence.

o

I am as impressed with Showalter's resourcefulness managing what could have been a potential mess as I am with Bleier and Jimenez holding the fort, and saving the rest of the bullpen.

Duquette can always finagle a Norfolk-Baltimore shuttle move to add an arm (or two) if necessary. 

All hands on deck.

o

11 hours ago, Frobby said:

Yup.  Saved the rest of the 'pen, too, which is even more important than just the one game.

11 hours ago, Frobby said:

Both were very good for the most part. I especially was impressed with Bleier. He started to get hit around and made some adjustments. Nice job by Caleb back there as well helping him through.

Archived