Some thoughts at the 1/6th mark

Frobby

Exactly one-sixth of the season is in the books, and we're on pace for  102-60.     24 of 27 games were against the AL East, including a whopping 9 games against Boston,

vs. BOS 5-4

vs. NYY 3-3

vs.  TBR 2-1

vs. TOR 5-1

You really can't complain about that.    

We've done that without any really great offensive performances.    The best is yet to come for our offense.    The pitching has had it's moments, but hasn't exceeded expectations IMO.

As I said in another thread, the bottom line is these wins are in the books and nobody can take them away.     

I was both excited and terrified when I saw our April schedule. Knew that it could easily make or break our season. We've gotten the job done so far, hopefully we can get on another role after a big win tonight.

1 minute ago, TheWall said:

I was both excited and terrified when I saw our April schedule. Knew that it could easily make or break our season. We've gotten the job done so far, hopefully we can get on another role after a big win tonight.

It was a really good month for the team, and has nearly left a supposed contender (Toronto) for dead.  I can't complain about the standings.

Just now, 25 Nuggets said:

It was a really good month for the team, and has nearly left a supposed contender (Toronto) for dead.  I can't complain about the standings.

Love seeing Toronto at the bottom. Now we just need the MFYs to cool down. Hopefully Judge doesn't have 40 more in him this year.

Just now, 25 Nuggets said:

Yeah. I also would like to pat myself on the back for Toronto imploding. I thought they would collapse with encarnacion gone and Bautista slowing down. What's happened to them is what I expected and couldn't happen to a more deserving, punk team!

7 minutes ago, Machado13 said:

I'm liking where the team stands. Probably the most confident I have felt about potential since 2014. They have a lot of good pieces; now of course Boston and NYY are better too but I like our guys ;)

Yeah, you'd think with Boston an NY being better, they'd have a winning record against us.  They don't. 

14 minutes ago, Machado13 said:

Yeah. I also would like to pat myself on the back for Toronto imploding. I thought they would collapse with encarnacion gone and Bautista slowing down. What's happened to them is what I expected and couldn't happen to a more deserving, punk team!

Most expected them to take a step back, but they've had some horrible luck with injuries.  3/5 of their starting rotation plus Donaldson has been out. 

When healthy they arguably have the best starting rotation in the division.  It's a long season and I'd expect them to win their fair share of games as they get healthier.  

37 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Exactly one-sixth of the season is in the books, and we're on pace for  102-60.    

Can't argue with the results.  I think we have played like a .500 team though.  

The uneven play is likely to catch up with us, so will need to improve the play on the field.  Really hope Trumbo and Davis can get going soon.  

We can play .500 ball the rest of the way and still win 85 games.  That should be the floor for this team if we can stay healthy.  90 wins should be attainable.  

League average in runs scored and runs allowed and 17-10.  Outplaying their Pythagorean again.  We made the wildcard the last two years we did that.  Smoke and mirrors (again?) or maybe this team just finds a way to win.  I prefer to believe the latter. Good omens abound in the early going.So far so good.

48 minutes ago, BarclaySouthway said:

League average in runs scored and runs allowed and 17-10.  Outplaying their Pythagorean again.  We made the wildcard the last two years we did that.  Smoke and mirrors (again?) or maybe this team just finds a way to win.  I prefer to believe the latter. Good omens abound in the early going.So far so good.

Difference vs those previous teams is that the O's have a starter with a sub-2 ERA. As long as they punch a playoff ticket, they'll have a shot at some jewelry.

Archived