vs. WHITE SOX, 5/05

OFFNY

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

I know that. Then you need a 3rd basemen. JJ wasn't a hole last year. 

You don't need to have a great offensive 3rd baseman when you have a shortstop who hits like a corner outfielder and can provide so much surplus offensive value. Just look at the Yankees with Jeter. Before they got A-Rod, they had guys like Charlie Hayes and Scott Brosius and Aaron Boone playing 3B and it didn't matter one bit. 

Just now, eddie83 said:

We always fleece Seattle. Smith has to likw being in a hitters park and division as well. 

Yeah he's played in pitchers divisions and parks for much of his career with the exception of his time in Colorado and the other four stadiums in the NL West are Pitchers parks. But you're right. We have a good trade history with Seattle. 

39 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Hate to pile on, but how can Hunter call Hardy Ol' Reliable at SS after the series he just had in Fenway? It's as if he doesn't realize how meaningless words can become.

Well players are not without flaw at times. This most likely is JJ's last year as an Oriole. I am very glad he is an Oriole though.

Just now, TINSTAAPP said:

You don't need to have a great offensive 3rd baseman when you have a shortstop who hits like a corner outfielder and can provide so much surplus offensive value. Just look at the Yankees with Jeter. Before they got A-Rod, they had guys like Charlie Hayes and Scott Brosius and Aaron Boone playing 3B and it didn't matter one bit. 

In theory I get that. You are also losing perhaps the best glove at 3rd in the game. 

Those teams were loaded all over. 

Archived