Today's call up requires a 40 man roster move

wildcard

Buck said last night at the post game pressor that the O's will call up a pitcher today.  Ynoa will be optioned.   But who comes up?   None of the players on the 40 man roster are eli eligible  and/or likely.   Paul Fry is the next man up but is not available until tomorrow.    Chris Lee threw 83 pitches on the 3rd. He should not be available.     Jimmy Yacabonis or Scott McGough seems likely call ups, but neither is on the 40 man roster.    I am guessing that Andrew Faulkner is vulnerable.  

Britton going to the DL will not affect the 40 man roster. It may cause another call up probably of Fry tomorrow if the DL is the path they take with Britton.

I don't think they have to make a 40 man move.  Here's what I wrote in another thread:

Buck talked about holding someone back in Norfolk last night.  He was praising Ron Johnson and the organizational communication.  My guess, based on box scores, is that he was referring to Verrett.  I wouldn't be surprised if he's the one to replace Britton.

Keep Ynoa up today in case you need Ubaldo out of the bullpen.  If you don't need Ubaldo tonight, send Ynoa down for Britton.

Once Tillman is up, they should address the 14 position players.  I'd send Mancini down to give him steady ABs and reps in RF.

6 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

I don't think they have to make a 40 man move.  Here's what I wrote in another thread:

Buck talked about holding someone back in Norfolk last night.  He was praising Ron Johnson and the organizational communication.  My guess, based on box scores, is that he was referring to Verrett.  I wouldn't be surprised if he's the one to replace Britton.

Keep Ynoa up today in case you need Ubaldo out of the bullpen.  If you don't need Ubaldo tonight, send Ynoa down for Britton.

Once Tillman is up, they should address the 14 position players.  I'd send Mancini down to give him steady ABs and reps in RF.

You are right.    I forgot that if Britton is put on the DL they can call up someone that has not been down for 10 days.

To open a 40 man spot:

1. Put Santander on the 60 day DL. 

2. DFA one of Faulkner, Castro, Fry etc....

3  DFA Gentry

Moves to open up 25 man roster spots:

1.  DL Britton

2. DL Ynoa

3. Send down Rickard or Mancini

4. DFA Gentry

I think you'll see us put Santander on the 60 day DL. Put Britton and Ynoa on the 10 day DL. Call up Asher. Add Yacabonis to the 40 man and call him up. 

41 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

To open a 40 man spot:

1. Put Santander on the 60 day DL. 

2. DFA one of Faulkner, Castro, Fry etc....

3  DFA Gentry

Moves to open up 25 man roster spots:

1.  DL Britton

2. DL Ynoa

3. Send down Rickard or Mancini

4. DFA Gentry

I think you'll see us put Santander on the 60 day DL. Put Britton and Ynoa on the 10 day DL. Call up Asher. Add Yacabonis to the 40 man and call him up. 

Did Ynoa come out of last nights game injured? If not, I think it would be hard to sell an injury on him.

12 minutes ago, theobird said:

Did Ynoa come out of last nights game injured? If not, I think it would be hard to sell an injury on him.

He grabbed his hamstring. He stayed in but it might be a way to sell it. 

25 minutes ago, theobird said:

In the 7th I think, he grabbed his leg during a warm up and Joseph called everyone out to the mound. He stayed in and there was nothing more to it but it does plant the seeds. 

2 minutes ago, Crazysilver03 said:

In the 7th I think, he grabbed his leg during a warm up and Joseph called everyone out to the mound. He stayed in and there was nothing more to it but it does plant the seeds. 

Buck mentioned Ynoa to the DL with his hamstring as a possibility in the post game press conference.  10 day DL for Ynoa isn't a bad thing.  I think he could even "rehab" in AAA while on the ten day DL.  So it likely wouldn't cause him to miss time.  Just a roster manipulating thing.    

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Buck mentioned Ynoa to the DL with his hamstring as a possibility in the post game press conference.  10 day DL for Ynoa isn't a bad thing.  I think he could even "rehab" in AAA while on the ten day DL.  So it likely wouldn't cause him to miss time.  Just a roster manipulating thing.    

Plus he gets paid at the MLB rate, so I'm sure he doesn't mind. Beats being optioned.

18 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

Do you think the Orioles will send Ynoa down tomorrow when Tillman comes back? That would certainly make sense to me.

I think it's likely.  They don't have to send him down today because he could start for Jimenez if they need to use him tonight.  If they don't, then Ynoa can go down.

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

It'll be interesting to see if we send down Ynoa for someone.  Someone is definitely going for Tillman tomorrow.  

Roch was saying that Ynoa might be DL'd for Verrett before tonight.

Archived