You're DD and PA says to "buy"

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, 24fps said:

I think my first question to PA would be "Do you care about the condition of the organization after 2018, or only about the next three months?"  And plan according to the answer.

I don't think that DD's reputation is going to be tarnished that much from here on out.  He's proven he belongs in the GM role, so he does the best he can and , like any prisoner, he does what he's told and systematically crosses the days off his wall calendar.

"Like any prisoner"

I legit LOL'ed at this haha.

3 hours ago, bpilktree said:

He is pitching in Safeco.   His home ERA is 2.56 and his road ERA is 5.48.   I am going to bet if he pitches at home at Camden and against the teams in the AL East we see a lot closer to the 5.48 then the 2.56 ERA.

Last year, before the trade, Miley, at Safeco, had an ERA of 4.94 and, in other parks, an ERA of 4.99

Since joining Seattle, Miranda has appeared only once against an East Division opponent; at Rogers Centre he gave up 1 run in 5 innings

Just another of Duquette's failed deadline deals

I don't think PGA operates like this. I think he sets the budget. I think he interferes when there is a major free agent signing a la Chris Davis. I don't think PGA says buy or sell in mid-season. 

If we are saying this is a hypothetical and your boss tells you to do something, then you do it unless you are morally compromised. 

1 hour ago, jtschrei said:

I don't think PGA operates like this. I think he sets the budget. I think he interferes when there is a major free agent signing a la Chris Davis. I don't think PGA says buy or sell in mid-season. 

If we are saying this is a hypothetical and your boss tells you to do something, then you do it unless you are morally compromised. 

If you think PA stays silent while Dan trades Manny Britton and Givens Ive got this bridge....

6 hours ago, bpilktree said:

He is pitching in Safeco.   His home ERA is 2.56 and his road ERA is 5.48.   I am going to bet if he pitches at home at Camden and against the teams in the AL East we see a lot closer to the 5.48 then the 2.56 ERA.

There is not a three run difference in pitching at Camden Yards vs Safeco. 

27 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

How much is the difference in defense going to cost him?

Well, this year, Camden Yards is actually playing more like a pitcher's park with a 0.885 (26) Ball park factor vs Safeco (0.955-23). The myth that Camden Yards is such a terrible place to pitch continues on despite the numbers. Yes, more home runs are hit in Camden Yards but Camden hasn't been a hitters paradise in some time. Even last year Camden Yards 0.953 (19) and Safeco were very close 0.941 (20). 

I'd say there's little or no difference.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/parkfactor

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Well, this year, Camden Yards is actually playing more like a pitcher's park with a 0.885 (26) Ball park factor vs Safeco (0.955-23). The myth that Camden Yards is such a terrible place to pitch continues on despite the numbers. Yes, more home runs are hit in Camden Yards but Camden hasn't been a hitters paradise in some time. Even last year Camden Yards 0.953 (19) and Safeco were very close 0.941 (20). 

I'd say there's little or no difference.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/parkfactor

I know the stadium part if overrated, that was why I mentioned the team defense.  I haven't spent much time looking at the metrics but Seattle was supposed to be a first rate defensive unit this year and the O's...well they aren't.

Archived