Should We Shop One of Our Top Relievers to the Yankees?

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

They want a lefty in the pen for the 6/7 th inning .  I doubt they want to pay the price of Britton and Brach and O'Day don't fit their need.

We could trade Bleier back to them, or Hart.

1 hour ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/07/yankees-may-have-interest-in-brad-hand.html

They are interested in Brad Hand. Should we shop Britton, Brach or O'day to them? Some people don't like to trade within the division. What do you think?

If you're doing a complete fire sale, then it makes perfect sense. Who cares if Britton is killing us the next couple years when we're not competing anyways? 

Yes we should be shopping everyone. Brach, Britton, Manny, Schoop. Talk to Adam about your plans and let him decide if he wants to stick around. If not, get him to the best situation possible. 

Now I don't expect they'll do any of this. Keep riding the fence until Manny, Buck and Dan leave and act like nobody could see this coming. I hope that John Angelos makes the decision to tear it down, because it ain't gonna come from Dan or Buck. 

3 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/07/yankees-may-have-interest-in-brad-hand.html

They are interested in Brad Hand. Should we shop Britton, Brach or O'day to them? Some people don't like to trade within the division. What do you think?

If the O's can get good return from the Yankees then yes. You trade to get the best return. It shouldn't bother anyone to trade within the division. It would be silly to turn down a trade with the Yankees or BoSox because they are in the same division as the O's. 

I'm pretty sure the NYYs are looking for a seventh inning, or earlier, set-up reliever, where Clippard has been awful, a lefty (LOOGY or longer-term), and maybe a long upgrade. They have Betances and Chapman for the late innings. I'm sure they'd like to have Brach or Britton, but whatever they give up would reflect the non-closer role they would use him for, making them an unlikely trade partner..

The opposite is true for Manny. Like the RS, they could really use an upgrade at 3B. 

Archived