Heyman: Dodgers interested in Britton

Luke-OH

7 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

A lot of teams could use a reliever like Britton. Start a bidding war.

Other than the Sox and Yankees, there are a bunch of teams in the playoffs as of now that haven't won it all in a long time.  It would be nice to get a haul from the Dodgers.  

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Play the Nationals off the Dodgers.

What's a better headliner?

Verducco and Buehler/Alvarez

Or

Robles/Soto and Fedde?

The second, if we could get Robles or Soto, that's a deal we should make, however I don't know if they'd be willing to let either of those guys go.

1 minute ago, phillyOs119 said:

The second, if we could get Robles or Soto, that's a deal we should make, however I don't know if they'd be willing to let either of those guys go.

I think they'd move Soto. Robles is definitely a no go.

That's a tough one for me though, I really like Verdugo and prefer Buehler over Fedde easily. Soto is the best overall piece though imo, but man is pitching a big issue for us.

The hitting or pitching prospect thing is a moot point to me.  Lets say you only get a bunch of hitting prospects, if they are good prospects, you can flip them a guy like Quintana who is good, on a cheap contract and controllable.

13 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Other than the Sox and Yankees, there are a bunch of teams in the playoffs as of now that haven't won it all in a long time.  It would be nice to get a haul from the Dodgers.  

I agree with you on that. Although I would not mind them getting a haul from any team they can. 

5 minutes ago, phillyOs119 said:

The hitting or pitching prospect thing is a moot point to me.  Lets say you only get a bunch of hitting prospects, if they are good prospects, you can flip them a guy like Quintana who is good, on a cheap contract and controllable.

We aren't competing, so we aren't going to then flip them for guys like Quintana. These guys we trade Britton for are likely guys that are hopefully going to be key pieces for this Orioles team for the next several years.

Edit: I agree though that we just need to get the best pieces available, but a guy like Buehler is a top 3 prospect in the Dodgers system and is very good with nasty stuff. He would be ideal. Fedde I do like on the other hand but not nearly as much. He'd be more so forcing our hand to get an arm if he were a major piece imo. Guess I'll need to read up more on him.

1 minute ago, ISU94 said:

We aren't competing, so we aren't going to then flip them for guys like Quintana. These guys we trade Britton for are likely guys that are hopefully going to be key pieces for this Orioles team for the next several years.

I understand that, I just mean when we are ready to field a competitive team, we could flip them for major league ready talent.  If we end up with too many hitting pieces, that's a good problem to have, if those hitting prospects can have some success, they become even more valuable.

1 minute ago, phillyOs119 said:

I understand that, I just mean when we are ready to field a competitive team, we could flip them for major league ready talent.  If we end up with too many hitting pieces, that's a good problem to have, if those hitting prospects can have some success, they become even more valuable.

I mean, to be fair, both Buehler and Verdugo are close. They are probably helping our team here within the next calendar year (or close to it). I don't think this team is going to be competing anytime soon with everyone we lose after next year on top of our rotation problems and us dealing Britton, possibly Brach, etc.

But yeah, don't take a pitcher just because he's a pitcher if you can get a far superior hitting prospect. Just saying the whole Buehler vs. hitting prospect isn't a thing considering Buehler is probably only behind Alvarez and MAYBE Verdugo.

Archived