Deadline Deal Orioles Mega-Thread

weams

2 minutes ago, accinfo said:

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2017/07/orioles-bring-back-gentry-plus-lineups.html

I don't think Roch would throw this out just to stir the pot.  Will Hellickson ever appear as an Oriole?  Could he be packaged to a team like the Dodgers looking for a starter down the stretch along with a Brach or Britton? I guess we will know by 4:00 tomorrow.  

I suspect the Orioles simply won't name a starting pitcher who isn't on the roster yet.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, thezeroes said:

Andy McPhail and Dan Duquette are both pretty slow movers when it comes to trades hence this trade probably was hatched at the All-Star Break an took this long to announce.  Just my thinking, no facts.

Sounds about right to me.

22 minutes ago, 99ct said:

Im a bit surprised the Wade Davis trade doesnt get more play around here. The return on that trade was disproportionately low when compared to Chapman, even when you account for the talent difference. Either the Royals got ripped off, or the Yankees ripped the Cubs off. 

Davis had some injury issues last year. 

40 minutes ago, accinfo said:

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2017/07/orioles-bring-back-gentry-plus-lineups.html

I don't think Roch would throw this out just to stir the pot.  Will Hellickson ever appear as an Oriole?  Could he be packaged to a team like the Dodgers looking for a starter down the stretch along with a Brach or Britton? I guess we will know by 4:00 tomorrow.  

He didn't throw anything out, really.

Buck isn't going to name Hellickson a starter at least until. he hears how today's side session in Baltimore went, and probably not until he talks to him tomorrow afternoon in the clubhouse.   That's all there is to it.  Nothing mysterious going on.  Just how Buck operates.

I'm not saying it's impossible for Hellickson to be flipped, but reading anything into the fact that Buck hasn't named him as a starter when he hasn't even spoken to him face to face yet is silly.

1 hour ago, thezeroes said:

Andy McPhail and Dan Duquette are both pretty slow movers when it comes to trades hence this trade probably was hatched at the All-Star Break an took this long to announce.  Just my thinking, no facts.

percolate.jpg

1 hour ago, weams said:

It's going to go right down to the wire. It is. 

Eh, I would be shocked if Zach is going anywhere. We may not have what it takes to win this year, so the question is do we play for next year or do we play for the distant future. I think the Orioles have shown enough that DD is not going to blow it up. That means keeping Zach and Manny and most likely Brach, and going for it next year after clearing Ubaldo, Miley, and JJ's contracts. Hopefully we get a nugget back for Smith or Castillo.

Archived