Deadline Deal Orioles Mega-Thread

weams

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Going for it in 2018. All the signs were pointing that way. Not a prospect although he was pitching great. We needed to do something about JJ and this fills the hole. Helps us now if we make a crazy run, and will definitely help next year. Tobias was not a prospect and we stink at developing pitchers, so I like this deal!

Yeah but the Rays are and they will make him good and everyone will be upset even though we know he would not have been good for us.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/5383/tim-beckham

Orioles acquired INF Tim Beckham from the Rays for RHP Tobias Myers.
This deal is more about the future for the O's, who sit four games under .500 at the 2017 trade deadline. Beckham, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2008 MLB Draft, carries three more years of contractual control at age 27. He has batted .259/.314/.407 with a career-high 12 home runs and five stolen bases in 87 games this season. Look for him to get regular starts at shortstop in Baltimore while J.J. Hardy recovers from a fractured wrist. Jul 31 - 4:10 PM

1 minute ago, Hallas said:

To be honest it remains to be seen what happens to Toby.  He's 18 and is sporting a 10.8 K/9 with a 5.83 K/BB rate  for a full season club.  He's an actual ballplayer in my opinion, albeit a young and raw one.

He's in Aberdeen, not a full season club.

I'm ticked about Britton, but not much you can do if there isn't a good offer.

Pumped about that Beckham deal. He's locked up long term and can possibly be our SS long term with Hardy being done pretty much. Myers I like but that's a nice get at a cheap price.

Just now, Hallas said:

To be honest it remains to be seen what happens to Toby.  He's 18 and is sporting a 10.8 K/9 with a 5.83 K/BB rate.  He's an actual ballplayer in my opinion, albeit a young and raw one.

He might turn out to be good but he is a long ways away. Beckham is a legitimate MLB ballplayer. Certainly an upgrade over Ruben Tejada.

Archived