Cedric Mullins, 2.0

Legend_Of_Joey

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Why?   Jones only has one year left on his contract.    I'd keep Mullins to leave open the possibility that he's our CF in 2019.

Definitely keep the 2-way players.  And it's such an advantage to have range in the OF - a la the Royals.  I think Betts' range in RF really helps the Sawx.  I'm looking forward to the O's having stellar OF defense in the future.      

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Black Bat said:

On one hand, it's fascinating to see so many fans clamoring for decent prospects annually bashing the organization for not tending to the minors.  Then when we get a nice prospect like Mullins, guys want to trade him.  You can't win sometimes.

You know there are multiple posters here?

2 hours ago, Black Bat said:

On one hand, it's fascinating to see so many fans clamoring for decent prospects annually bashing the organization for not tending to the minors.  Then when we get a nice prospect like Mullins, guys want to trade him.  You can't win sometimes.

What Cumberbundy said.

Also, there is such a thing as areas of organizational strength and weakness. Often a team is wise to trade from a strength to address a weakness.

7 hours ago, Frobby said:

Why?   Jones only has one year left on his contract.    I'd keep Mullins to leave open the possibility that he's our CF in 2019.

Until proven otherwise, I'm going to believe AJ retires an Oriole. That doesn't mean I'd trade Mullins. I'd rather find someone you can pay to take Trumbo off your hands, move AJ to left and slide Mancini into the COF/DH/1B rotation. 

31 minutes ago, Black Bat said:

That was acknowledged by my statement observing how "many" fans expressed this.  Thanks again for pointing out the sublimely obvious. 

That's a non-value post

You don't determine what has value. Your negativity certainly has none. There are thousands of posts here with value that you've not said anything positive about you're just sulking. I wouldn't have to point out the obvious if you appeared to have any grasp of it. Pointing out that some people think one thing and others don't agree is not exactly mind-blowing stuff.

Rule number 76, BB.

1 hour ago, Thats Baseball said:

I believe when it all clicks for this kid he will be a game changer. A trip shy of the cycle. People have their opinions but I believe Mullins makes the yard in 2018. 

That's certainly possible, he is like Hays in his ability to hit the ball hard. He's just got to figure out his strike zone, because he's not the bad ball hitter Hays is.  The last few months of the season he's been kinda lost at the plate, but I expect him to figure things out. He hasn't lost any prospect status in my eyes because the defense has really come along this season and that will give him a high floor even if he doesn't develop much as a hitter. All and all a very impressive season for a guy jumping to AA from Low A.

Archived