Zach Cozart-free agent target

OriolesMagic83

1 hour ago, DirtyBird said:

Duda and Bruce both free agents. Trumbo a decent 2 year replacement at reasonable price.

The Mets have one of the top 1B prospects in Dominic Smith(.332/.387/.510 @ AAA). They're pretty much ready to ship Duda off the second they get a decent offer.

All depends on the obvious, his contract. If we are going young with Hays in RF and with Sisco soon and Mountcastle on the way that saves money. 

I could justify signing him but you would have to look at the player he was before this year and adjust expectations. I would prefer a younger player but his glove would really help. If Hays can cover some ground in the OF, no more Castillo our defense should be better. 

34 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

That's extremely low.  I could someone giving him 4/60.  I want no part of that. 

If there is competition for him so probably pass. Perhaps his market is similar to Trumbo last off season. It depends who needs what.

Just now, El Gordo said:

I'd go after Moustakas at 3B. Looking at the bunch of FA SS I'd rather stick with Tejada if Manny is traded.

I doubt Manny will be traded anytime before the '18 trade deadline. Tejada would need to be re-signed.

2 minutes ago, Mitch Connor said:

A career year at age 31. I'm not sure who would be getting the steal with that deal?

Career year you would have to set aside- not that he or his agent will- and look at his good glove as the main reason for having interest.  

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Career year you would have to set aside- not that he or his agent will- and look at his good glove as the main reason for having interest.  

18-20 million for a career .253 hitter with a good glove doesn't seem like a good value to me.

5 hours ago, DirtyBird said:

I think Can O Corn should have gotten a better night's sleep. He's a little pissy this morning.

Let him be a bit on the pissy side. I understand that. I am a bit pissy too. Because i think DD is not going to do one smart thing. 

Archived