I for one will not be watching the game today

Kevinod00

I refuse, as a fan, to watch ANY more games that Ubaldo is pitching. Thank god this game is at Noon and I will be at work, but that is besides the point. I WILL not watch anymore games that he is on the mound. Period  

now that that has been said, cue the no hitter!

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I won't be watching either, but my usual plan with Ubaldo is to wait until about an hour after the game starts, check the score on my phone, and then tune in if the game isn't out of hand yet.    

Funny, that's my plan for Gausman, Miley, TIllman, and Bundy, too. 

15 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Jimenez had a pretty good game today.

The Orioles' offense (so far), has not.

o

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere on the OH, but Ubaldo is actually in the running for highest ERA in MLB history. To the best of my research, Les Sweetland currently holds the records at 7.71, from 1930. More recently, Jose Lima posted a 6.99 (2005), which ranks 4, and 6.65 (2000) which ranks 6. LaTroy Hawkins is sandwiched in between at 5, with a 6.66.

Ubaldo's 6.93 would be 5th worst all-time. His biggest challenge may be accumulating the necessary 162 IP to qualify for the crown. 

So, in that sense, you are wrong - today was a bad day since he started at about a 7.1 ERA. 

Just now, 99ct said:

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere on the OH, but Ubaldo is actually in the running for highest ERA in MLB history. To the best of my research, Les Sweetland currently holds the records at 7.71, from 1930. More recently, Jose Lima posted a 6.99 (2005), which ranks 4, and 6.65 (2000) which ranks 6. LaTroy Hawkins is sandwiched in between at 5, with a 6.66.

Ubaldo's 6.93 would be 5th worst all-time. His biggest challenge may be accumulating the necessary 162 IP to qualify for the crown. 

So, in that sense, you are wrong - today was a bad day since he started at about a 7.1 ERA.

o

What are you talking about ???

I said that Jimenez had a pretty good game TODAY. I didn't say that he was having a good season.

o

Just now, OFFNY said:

o

What are you talking about ???

I said that Jimenez had a pretty good game TODAY. I didn't say that he was having a good season.

o

I was joking - Ubaldo has a shot at highest ERA, and my joke was that a higher ERA is more desirable since he could get the record. Of course, that's not true and I wish he'd pitch every game like he did today. I just wanted a small laugh. 

Archived