September Call Ups

NCRaven

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dreadnought said:

If you want position guys, you have to start naming 40-man guys to come off:  Lee, Wilson, Ynoa, Ramirez, the obvious candidates.    If there is a minor deal tonight it could change the mix.

I was just thinking out loud. I can't see them adding any more hitters. 

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Looking forward to seeing Sisco catch.

I'm looking forward to the potential track meet.

He will probably only be a very late inning defensive replacement. 

I don't think anyone will come from Bowie if they go deep in the playoffs. Doubt any position players and can pretty much garuntee no pitchers.

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

Lee has an option next year.  That is another year of development at AAA.  I don't think he gets DFA'd.

Faulkner gives up too many walks.  He hasn't earned a call up IMO.

Faulkner is also going to the Arizona Fall League. Probably will limit his innings or give him a break before it.

Note: The Virginian-Pilot is reporting that catcher Chance Sisco, the organization’s top prospect, is joining the Orioles on Friday, along with Pedro Álvarez and Joey Rickard. The Orioles have only one opening on their 40-man roster and Sisco and Álvarez must be added to it. Shortstop J.J. Hardy also is expected in Baltimore and will need to come off the 60-day disabled list.

15 hours ago, wildcard said:

Hardy takes the open spot on the 40 man roster which is  at 39.

Pedro up/ Verrett DFA'd is my guess something this weekend.

Sisco come up after Monday's Tides game with either Wilson or Ynoa being DFA'd.  Just another guess.

Crichton, Yacabonis and Rickard recalled tomorrow is another guess. They are on the 40 man.

ROSTER CHANGES:

1. Wilson, Wright, Tillman not going to help us now or in playoffs, DFA and open 3 roster slots. Sisco, Pedro, and some other Sept call-up, perhaps a "future pitcher" so he can "see how its done" from the O'Days, Brach, Givens's etc. Give him a mop up roll once or twice. Chris Lee - already on 40 man - lets just see where he is. Sisko - nuff already said, Pedro - gonna help us over the hump, seasoned vet - good for Joey and Craig to see how to hang on get better, never give up.

Hardy - future in coaching or get this!    PLAYER/COACH!!!  WAS FRANK ROBBY THE LAST PLAYER/MGR/COACH?

BoltonBob really out this time!

IN BUCK I TRUST!

Archived