Who can pitch better than Tillman or Ubaldo?

Natty

Yeah, Ynoa seems like our best internal bet right now. In 9 starts and 53 innings after the break he's 5-1 with a 2.87 ERA. Only 7 walks during that span, too. It's hard to call him a particularly exciting prospect, as he's never had compelling peripheral stats, but the results have been there lately after that brutal first half he had in Norfolk. Aquino hasn't been too bad either, but Ynoa is the most interesting right now.

But, I mean, if the question is who is a better starting pitching bet than Tillman and Ubaldo, a lot more names names pop into my mind. I'm not completely convinced that Chris Davis isn't the best Orioles pitcher named Chris currently on our 25-man roster, so that's a name you can add to the list. Probably has a pretty fresh arm at this point, too.

2 hours ago, gfrank said:

Yeah, Ynoa seems like our best internal bet right now. In 9 starts and 53 innings after the break he's 5-1 with a 2.87 ERA. Only 7 walks during that span, too. It's hard to call him a particularly exciting prospect, as he's never had compelling peripheral stats, but the results have been there lately after that brutal first half he had in Norfolk. Aquino hasn't been too bad either, but Ynoa is the most interesting right now.

But, I mean, if the question is who is a better starting pitching bet than Tillman and Ubaldo, a lot more names names pop into my mind. I'm not completely convinced that Chris Davis isn't the best Orioles pitcher named Chris currently on our 25-man roster, so that's a name you can add to the list. Probably has a pretty fresh arm at this point, too.

Means, Long & Hess have had some success as well, I wonder if any are on the radar at all. 

Archived