What are the chances MacPhail goes over slot...

Reaching in the later rounds is fine because so few of them make it. Going for super, but crude talent is a smart move from time to time. But the early rounds should be as close to a sure thing as you can find.I just don't think the Orioles did that in rounds 2-3, anyway.

Reaching in the later rounds is fine because so few of them make it. Going for super, but crude talent is a smart move from time to time. But the early rounds should be as close to a sure thing as you can find.I just don't think the Orioles did that in rounds 2-3, anyway.

By pick 50, the almost sure things have long gone. I don't know how many 2nd rounders make it to the bigs but I doubt its more than 1 in 10. Out of interest who did you want us to take in rounds 2 and 3 from who was left at the time we picked.

The Orioles should spend money on signing thier draft picks and noworry about saving money for free agency. There have been so many over paid free agent bust, its better to take in the draft and sign fresh young talent.

Orioles spend your money on draft picks and minor league development programs. Don't over pay Tex or any other free agent.

Considering the payroll dip, it makes senses to prepare to go over slot to saturate the minors with as much young talent as possible.

I realize attendance is dowm, but there's still plenty of money flowing in.

I personally believe that all money incoming that's out of a Yankees or Red Sox fan's pocket should go RIGHT TOWARDS going over slot to bring in these kids! :D

Archived