MLBTR's FA starter contract projections

wildcard

37 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

I will take Cobb and Pinieda at those rates and run to the hills.  Pinieda isn't good but if that's what tge risk costs you a new coach can figure something out...woof.

The thing to remember about Pineda is that he had TJ surgery in July.     That 2/$6 mm deal MLBTR is projecting is really more like 1/$6 mm, because Pineda won’t see much action in 2017.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, wildcard said:

If the O's could keep Hays, Mullins, Stewart and Santander by signing 3 free agent starters, I would not worry about signing a FA outfielder.    Mullins and Santander are switch hitters and Stewart bats lefty.   Pus Sisco bats left.

I like this plan. To sign a LH hitter just to quote "balance" the line up makes no sense. Sign good hitters period! 

I think Chatwood and Vargas would be a nice offseason.

The AL East stadiums are more suitable for left handed starters than righties; it'd be nice to have one in the rotation. Plus he's 35 so we might be able to get him for one year. Chatwood won't be ridiculously expensive and could still help us in 2020 when we might be more poised for a deep run.

Dont spend on outfielders. We got plenty of talent there.

I'll take Cobb, Sabathia, and a flyer on Miles Mikolas. Should be able to get all 3 with the money we save from Ubaldo, Tillman, Miley and Hellickson.  You'd still have the Hardy, Castillo and Smith money for arbitration raises, extension offers and another bat.

14 hours ago, El Gordo said:

I like Gonzo over Vargas.

I think at least one LHSP would be important to balance out the rotation a little but it's certainly not necessary. I think between Vargas and Gonzo it'd be a wash though for the most part. Back end starters and if we're lucky they won't implode...kinda like how Vargas did at the end of 2017.

1 minute ago, oriole said:

I think at least one LHSP would be important to balance out the rotation a little but it's certainly not necessary. I think between Vargas and Gonzo it'd be a wash though for the most part. Back end starters and if we're lucky they won't implode...kinda like how Vargas did at the end of 2017.

I think it is necessary. Maybe two to live in the AL East. 

15 minutes ago, oriole said:

Brian Gonzo?  :ph34r:

Archived