Phillies raid the O’s front office once again

Frobby

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a year or two ago it was a foregone though that one of Harper and Machado,maybe even both, might be Yankees. Now it's looking like they'll be underdogs on Harper and there will be a lot more competition for Machado then was originally thought. I'd be thrilled to see LAD/NYY walk away with none of Stanton/Machado/Harper.

15 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

Just a year or two ago it was a foregone though that one of Harper and Machado,maybe even both, might be Yankees. Now it's looking like they'll be underdogs on Harper and there will be a lot more competition for Machado then was originally thought. I'd be thrilled to see LAD/NYY walk away with none of Stanton/Machado/Harper.

Gee, and here I'd been thinking there wouldn't be much of a market for Machado at the end of the season -- you know,  injury risk, declining defense since his platinum season, long batting slumps this year, baserunning gaffes -- enabling the Orioles to sign him cheap, with the advantage of that multimillion-dollar hometown discount. Isn't that why our astute owner didn't respond to his proposal for a contract extension and ruled out even fielding offers to trade him last year,  and doesn't that explain why the Orioles (apparently) still aren't trying to trade or extend him? 

This talk of other teams' potential interest in Manny has me wondering whether the Orioles may have followed a flawed approach.  Having watched the flawless execution and astute decision-making of the first 25 years of the Angelos regime,  I find that  difficult  to believe. So Manny becomes a free agent and signs with the O's, right? 

xD , but with an undertone of :mad:

On 11/5/2017 at 10:24 AM, Frobby said:

This guy is an advance scout.    He’s got nothing to do with drafting and development.  

I was replying to the laundry list of names the Phillies have hired from the O's who absolutely had to do with scouting and development. 

On 11/6/2017 at 5:30 PM, birdwatcher55 said:

He ends up in Philly.

Don't see Manny going there. Hope it's a NL team though. I would hate for it to be the Yankees or BoSox. It's a shame. The O's have a great player. But due to the ineptness of ownership and the GM the O's will lose him. Once in a lifetime player. 

18 hours ago, Tx Oriole said:

Don't see Manny going there. Hope it's a NL team though. I would hate for it to be the Yankees or BoSox. It's a shame. The O's have a great player. But due to the ineptness of ownership and the GM the O's will lose him. Once in a lifetime player. 

Once in a lifetime, no.    But once every two decades for a franchise, yes.    Good chance we won’t develop a player that good in the next 15 years.

Archived