Could John Hart be our GM in waiting?

mdbdotcom

Like Duquette was in 2011, John Hart is in need of a little redemption after the Braves debacle. And with DD in the last year of his contract, I could see Hart brought is as a Special Assistant to the Owner this season and then named GM next season.

Your thoughts?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

The GM got banned for life.   The scouting director got a year's suspension.   What punishment did Hart get?

None that I’ve heard, but he resigned under pressure from MLB, per Duquette.   Not clear if he was in the loop or is just being held responsible for not monitoring the GM closely enough.  

6 hours ago, MDtransplant757 said:

How was he apart of the Braves scandal?

Did you mean to ask, "How was he a part of the  Braves scandal?" or, "how was he, apart from the Braves scandal?"

Just to be sure, I'll answer both.

He was a part of the Braves scandal because the now-banned GM reported too him.

Apart from the Braves scandal, it looks like he did a very good job.

9 hours ago, MDtransplant757 said:

How was he apart of the Braves scandal?

Apart is a good word choice there.  Hart was convincing playing the part of being totally shocked by the actions of the GM he hired after... the entire professional baseball world knew what Coppy was doing.  MLB bought it and cleared him long before they came out with the punishments.  This was reported before the World Series.  People actually praised him for not micro-managing.  Uggg.  Plech.  So, at this point, I'd call him an over-the-hill empty teflon-coated suit who neglected doing the bare minimum of his job.  No way in hell I'd want him in the O's organization.    

59 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

Apart is a good word choice there.  Hart was convincing playing the part of being totally shocked by the actions of the GM he hired after... the entire professional baseball world knew what Coppy was doing.  MLB bought it and cleared him long before they came out with the punishments.  This was reported before the World Series.  People actually praised him for not micro-managing.  Uggg.  Plech.  So, at this point, I'd call him an over-the-hill empty teflon-coated suit who neglected doing the bare minimum of his job.  No way in hell I'd want him in the O's organization.    

I am sure there is an agreement for him not to return to the game, even if someone were stupid enough to employ him after this horrific scandal. 

21 minutes ago, weams said:

I am sure there is an agreement for him not to return to the game, even if someone were stupid enough to employ him after this horrific scandal. 

The Orioles are the safest place for him to be. He has no fear of ever being charged with doing something illegal with international signings here!

15 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

Like Duquette was in 2011, John Hart is in need of a little redemption after the Braves debacle. And with DD in the last year of his contract, I could see Hart brought is as a Special Assistant to the Owner this season and then named GM next season.

Your thoughts?

I wouldn't mind that at all.

4 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

Did you mean to ask, "How was he a part of the  Braves scandal?" or, "how was he, apart from the Braves scandal?"

Just to be sure, I'll answer both.

He was a part of the Braves scandal because the now-banned GM reported too him.

Apart from the Braves scandal, it looks like he did a very good job.

I didn't know there was a scandal with the Braves.

12 hours ago, jabba72 said:

Dounbt Angelos cares what MLB thinks, if he likes Hart (I dont know) he would probably look to hire him if Duquette doesn't stay. Not impossible Duquette is re-signed to an extension. I dont think he's a hot commodity anymore.  

I doubt that DD thinks Baltimore is a good fit anymore.  He's thoroughly resurrected his career and I wouldn't want be anywhere nearby the minute his contract expires for fear of being run over on his way out of town.  There may not be any openings the precise minute he's free to look elsewhere, but there's no longer any question that he's a credible GM candidate.

Archived