The Case for CC?

Bahama O's Fan

Should we target CC? What is your opinion? Make your argument for or against here. I personally like it for a "going for it" one year team with a lame duck GM and coach. No long term commitment if you want to blow it all up next season. He looked good last season and should be way better than most of what we ran out there last year.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

How I read it was that CC might feel uncomfortable spending so much time in the area in which he hit rock bottom.

Firstly, I don't think addicts who recover blame the rock bottom, especially not someone visiting a town for a couple of days. Secondly, it would make a whole lot more sense that New York, where Sabathia was spending the majority of his time, would be considered the site of "rock bottom."

I think the claim is meritless. And crazy.

7 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

Firstly, I don't think addicts who recover blame the rock bottom, especially not someone visiting a town for a couple of days. Secondly, it would make a whole lot more sense that New York, where Sabathia was spending the majority of his time, would be considered the site of "rock bottom."

I think the claim is meritless. And crazy.

I don't agree with it.  I was just saying how I interpreted the comment.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't agree with it.  I was just saying how I interpreted the comment.

I believe CC wants to stay where he was. If he moves on, I don't think he would rule out Baltimore. And I don't believe the Orioles will be signing him regardless -- mostly because I think he would want ~ 2/$25MM to sign with this team.

Archived