Per Baseball Ref, Rafael Palmeiro seriously considering making a comeback to MLB

TommyPickles

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Bring him back for a few games in September!!

That would be amazing on so many levels! I’d pay top dollar to watch R Palmeiro Play in the majors at 53. He got a raw deal. He belongs in the HOF!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

That would be amazing on so many levels! I’d pay top dollar to watch R Palmeiro Play in the majors at 53. He got a raw deal. He belongs in the HOF!

We're in a throw away season and likely won't be winning the next couple of years. Seriously, when the man is ready to hang it up, sign him to a short term contract and let him retire an Oriole.

3 hours ago, Morgan423 said:

We're in a throw away season and likely won't be winning the next couple of years. Seriously, when the man is ready to hang it up, sign him to a short term contract and let him retire an Oriole.

This!!!!!!!

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

2mv2dt.jpg

And...you cannot hit safely if you don't strike the ball.
In 20 major league seasons Raffy struck out in 11% of his plate appearances and 5 less times than he walked -- absolute WOW numbers for a slugger. With the Railroaders last year, in 125 plate appearances, he K'ed 25 times, walked 20, hit 6 homers and OBP'ed .424

Did I mention that 2018 was his age 53 season?

1 minute ago, AZRon said:

And...you cannot hit safely if you don't strike the ball.
In 20 major league seasons Raffy struck out in 11% of his plate appearances and 5 less times than he walked -- absolute WOW numbers for a slugger. With the Railroaders last year, in 125 plate appearances, he K'ed 25 times, walked 20, hit 6 homers and OBP'ed .424

Did I mention that 2018 was his age 53 season?

Yes, he was an amazing hitter and his independent ball performance is quite impressive for a 53 year old.

1 hour ago, Luke-OH said:

Yes, he was an amazing hitter and his independent ball performance is quite impressive for a 53 year old.

Oh c'mon.  You wouldn't be the least bit excited/curious to see how he'd handle MLB pitching?  If the Orioles gave him 40 at bats, he wouldn't be hindering any prospect.  

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Oh c'mon.  You wouldn't be the least bit excited/curious to see how he'd handle MLB pitching?  If the Orioles gave him 40 at bats, he wouldn't be hindering any prospect.  

I'd like to see it just for the spectacle. I always like a good spectacle.

Archived