Os requesting offers on Machado

Roll Tide

53 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Why not?  Not trying to be a brat, but what's his deal?

His credentials appear to be overstated at best. He regularly posts basically copy and paste stuff right after real journalists post things and instead of saying where he got it or retweeting the source he tries to say he has sources. He’s quick to personally attack anyone who questions his “sources”. 

Here’s an example of what he does.

He sees reporting and then either copies it or puts some random BS spin on it and then tweets it as his own, he gets away with it because he has a check mark by his name.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jason Kipnis does not have negative value, you are not going to get better prospects by absorbing his contract. The man is one year off of back to back 5fWAR seasons. His contractb, 13.5M in '18, 14.5M in '19 and 16.5M in '20 with a 2.5M buyout., is reasonable.

6 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Does anyone have a subscription to the athletic?  Rosenthall is talking about a Sports Guy special with the Yanks and Rays.  It sounds horrible.

I don’t, but I guess this guy does...

Of course it depends on the prospect and how much of Ellsbury’s contract is being paid. It’d have to be a really good prospect though and plenty of money. 

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

That sounds like a terrible trade for Manny.  I would sooner take my chances at the trading deadline.

Odorizzi's career ERA away from Tropicana Field is 4.35.

The Yankees would have to offer Gleyber Torres for me to even consider this trade.

...and as Luke said...a pile of cash for us to pay Ellsbury.   If this would get us Torres, it would be worth it.    

2 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

...and as Luke said...a pile of cash for us to pay Ellsbury.   If this would get us Torres, it would be worth it.    

There's about zero chance this three way trade happens.  But if it did, the Orioles have to get a top prospect in return.  No doing the Yankees any favors like Jeter did with the Stanton trade.  

9 minutes ago, paulcoates said:

That would have to be one amazing prospect.  If the Orioles are still insistent on another pitcher, then who is NYY #1 pitching prospect?

5 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

That would be Chance Adams.

Scouts in general have soured a bit on Chance Adams, most people have Justus Sheffield ahead of him, some have Sheffield practically a full grade above him. Some have Albert Abreu ahead of him as well.

Justus reminds me of a shorter, more athletic E-Rod. Plus slider, instead of plus change-up.

Archived