Os requesting offers on Machado

Roll Tide

50 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Does anyone have a subscription to the athletic?  Rosenthall is talking about a Sports Guy special with the Yanks and Rays.  It sounds horrible.

If you click not the link - you can see the trade listed in the text that they show for free:

https://theathletic.com/240422/2018/02/13/rosenthal-pondering-a-blockbuster-trade-that-lands-manny-machado-in-new-york/

Odorizzi, Ellsbury, Andujar, and $34 million going to O's for Machado.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, theocean said:

If you click not the link - you can see the trade listed in the text that they show for free:

https://theathletic.com/240422/2018/02/13/rosenthal-pondering-a-blockbuster-trade-that-lands-manny-machado-in-new-york/

And don't forget we lose Machado's 16 M salary as well. How good is Andujar?

22 minutes ago, theocean said:

That's not enough IMO.  Ellsbury would still be owed 34M (including the 2021 buyout), he wouldn't get that on the open market. Replace Odorizzi with Montgomery or add a significant second prospect (Acevado/German at least).

Seems like silly speculation though, the O's have plenty of pieces for Odorizzi if they want him, it doesn't make sense to go through the Yankees.

7 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

And don't forget we lose Machado's 16 M salary as well. How good is Andujar?

Fangraphs has him as the #14 prospect in baseball, see him as a 4 WAR player year in year out.  If you are that high on him, then the trade works.  Baseball Prospectus has him outside the top 101, and see him as a regular on a second division team (1.5-2 WAR ish)

I haven't seen him enough to really have a strong opinion on him. So I kind of take the middle ground on the reports I've read.

9 hours ago, theocean said:

I read it as Andujar going to Tampa.  What does Tampa get?

6 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

I read it as Andujar going to Tampa.  What does Tampa get?

Again, this is a fake trade. It's Rosenthal having some fun because there's nothing else to write about. He says it clearly up front - there is not basis for thinking this is a trade rumor. 

23 minutes ago, interloper said:

Again, this is a fake trade. It's Rosenthal having some fun because there's nothing else to write about. He says it clearly up front - there is not basis for thinking this is a trade rumor. 

I understand that it's a hypothetical and it's being used to drive people to the paid site.  I just wanted to know what the parameters were for this hypothetical.

58 minutes ago, interloper said:

He says the teams have kicked the idea around...its not just his idea.  His qualifier is that talks haven't gone anywhere.

Read the article.  It's the first paragraph.  I agree it's not going anywhere but it's something someone in the front office has talked about.

3 hours ago, Yardball85 said:

The only way I am taking Ellsbury is if the Yankees orverpay in prospects.  Something like Adams, Andujar, and Montgomery, plus Ellsbury, for Machado.

.274 .367 .429 .795      

Ellsbury still has some gas in the tank v RHP. 22 SB as well.

Archived