Adam Jones Speaking out on Twitter.

Grt 2BA FL Gator

If the O's are willing to spend the resources (including re-signing Machado) to stay in contention for the next few years, then it would be great to keep AJ, preferably as a corner OF.  But if 2018 is the last roundup for this group of players, to be followed by a few years in the wilderness, then there isn't much point in resigning him, and he would probably be happier playing on a contending team.  

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I just picked up on the title of the article.    You’d prefer to call it “responding?”    Fine.    What I took from it is Adam won’t be giving any home town discounts to stay in Baltimore.   

Seriously, a writer tweeted this:

Resign him at about half his current salary for three years and move him to a corner of spot.

and his response was:

Hahaha your job should do that to you also. I’m sure you’re worth it buddy

I am sure ideally, he should not respond, but, in light of today's overuse of social media, this seams pretty tame to me.

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

Seriously, a writer tweeted this:

Resign him at about half his current salary for three years and move him to a corner of spot.

and his response was:

Hahaha your job should do that to you also. I’m sure you’re worth it buddy

I am sure ideally, he should not respond, but, in light of today's overuse of social media, this seams pretty tame to me.

Is Adam watching the free agent market?

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

What kind of deal do you think Adam gets?  I'm guessing not that much.

Depends what kind of year he has. If he essentially repeats 2017, I’d say he’s in line for 3/$42 mm or so.

I’m still waiting to see how this market plays out.    Just because things have been slow to develop doesn’t necessarily mean prices are dropping through the floor.    That remains to be determined.   

It's bumming me out how Adam's tenure is ending here. It's clear he has not been offered any kind of extension, or if he has, it's vastly beneath what he feels he's worth. This is why we should either trade a player two years prior to free agency or get them signed. Otherwise it just comes off as disrespect, and when it's your franchise player, that's a serious optics issue. 

7 minutes ago, interloper said:

I'm not sure that's true. Dan didn't get to pick his manager. Andy didn't pick his manager when he came on. 

Actually, Andy probably did.    Trembley was the interim manager when Andy was hired, and was hired as the full-time manager a few months later.    Presumably Andy was involved in that decision.   

37 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Actually, Andy probably did.    Trembley was the interim manager when Andy was hired, and was hired as the full-time manager a few months later.    Presumably Andy was involved in that decision.   

He was. 

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Is Adam watching the free agent market?

Yes and we shall soon see how all that stuff like loyalty to Baltimore, being an Oriole for life PR  changes on a dime.   But even Cal at one point made noise about signing elsewhere.  We shall see.  The reality is that teams like us, Pirates, Brewers, Twins, etc cannot afford sentiment with long time players...unless you just want to keep on losing.  If his value remains as corner outfielder, then extend him.  If not, then thanks for the memories, good luck getting a CF gig with a contender. 

Archived