The Yankees Know The Orioles Want Two Starters

section18

Just now, davearm said:

I'm cracking up imagining the conversation where Brian Cashman is selling Ellsbury on accepting this trade.

It's a good park for hitters.

You could put up some big numbers there.

It's close to DC, they have some great museums.

Have you tried Boog's BBQ?  It isn't really BBQ of course, it's pit beef, but it's mighty tasty.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It's a good park for hitters.

You could put up some big numbers there.

It's close to DC, they have some great museums.

Have you tried Boog's BBQ?  It isn't really BBQ of course, it's pit beef, but it's mighty tasty.

G & M crabcakes.

On 1/6/2018 at 10:30 AM, Frobby said:

Even Steve Melewski thinks we should deal Manny to the Yankees if they make the best offer.   http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2018/01/mussinas-possible-call-to-the-hall-and-more-machado-trade-talk.html

To be clear, I agree with this, but (1) the Yankees offer has to be clearly better than the others and (2) it’s still gonna make me sick to my stomach.   3)  I'm gonna be sick for a very long long long long.....long time.

I fixed this for you.  You left of the third and most important point. ;) 

33 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

No way.  Ellsbury?  You can't bail out the Yankees like that.  If they want to dump salary, take Robertson. If Ellsbury comes back, Severino has to headline the package.

I disagree. If Ellsbury comes back with some cash and we can unload their farm system count me in. Something like Ellsbury, Adams, Montgomery, Sheffield, Andujar, a high ceiling A baller or two and 20+M.  Yep, I would take that deal. It has nothing to with the Yankee's and everything to do with the O's.

14 minutes ago, theobird said:

I disagree. If Ellsbury comes back with some cash and we can unload their farm system count me in. Something like Ellsbury, Adams, Montgomery, Sheffield, Andujar, a high ceiling A baller or two and 20+M.  Yep, I would take that deal. It has nothing to with the Yankee's and everything to do with the O's.

Pretty sure we will get nothing close to that, even with Ellsbury in the deal. 

55 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

No way.  Ellsbury?  You can't bail out the Yankees like that.  If they want to dump salary, take Robertson. If Ellsbury comes back, Severino has to headline the package.

Will literally never happen.  Sorry.

45 minutes ago, joelala said:

Plus, even though Boog's pit beef is delicious, and we have a reeeaaaaallly nice aquarium, like everyone said, I don't see Jacoby waiving the NTC for us. 

And if he did, would he have a starting spot?  I guess LF?

His defense took a step back last year, but not as bad as Jones. I’d rather have Ellsbury in CF.

2 hours ago, joelala said:

Pretty sure we will get nothing close to that, even with Ellsbury in the deal. 

Then we don't do the deal. Unloading Ellsbury and even 2/3 of his salary would be huge for them. Taking 2/3 of his salary would not kill us because Ellsbury has some things we need. A LH bat. A lead off hitter. Someone to push Jones over to RF. No need to sign guys like Cargo to dumb deals. Machado brings Andujar, Sheffield and Adams. Taking Ellsbury brings Montgomery and the low level guys. Done

2 hours ago, theobird said:

Yankees would sooner wait a year when Manny is a free agent and only costs them a comp pick.  

7 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Yankees would sooner wait a year when Manny is a free agent and only costs them a comp pick.  

Not so sure, they'd have a whole season to make him feel great, have him play on a winner/contender and negotiate all season if he's open to it.  There's value in him not hitting the market at all.  

I'd be open to taking on Ellsbury's salary (most of it) if we could get a bigger haul back.  

Archived