Who is the O's opening day starter?

wildcard

30 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Beat me to it, but he’s been the go to guy for the last few seasons only missing OD last year because of his rehab.

Which is the exact reason why I said Tillman. Obviously, first he has to sign with the O's, secondly he has to prove he is healthy and back to his old self. If those two things happen then I could see Buck going with the veteran.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’d guess Gausman.   He got the ball on Opening Day last year and did a reasonably good job (5.1 IP, 2 R).     He made 34 starts last year, and was strong at the end, so Buck doesn’t need to worry about him running down late in the year.   My guess is that Bundy will require a little more workload management in 2018, though hopefully not to the same extent as last year.    So, I think Buck will be happy to wait a couple of days to give Bundy his first start.    

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’d guess Gausman.   He got the ball on Opening Day last year and did a reasonably good job (5.1 IP, 2 R).     He made 34 starts last year, and was strong at the end, so Buck doesn’t need to worry about him running down late in the year.   My guess is that Bundy will require a little more workload management in 2018, though hopefully not to the same extent as last year.    So, I think Buck will be happy to wait a couple of days to give Bundy his first start.    

I think it will depend on how the two look in ST.

52 minutes ago, oriole said:

Which is the exact reason why I said Tillman. Obviously, first he has to sign with the O's, secondly he has to prove he is healthy and back to his old self. If those two things happen then I could see Buck going with the veteran.

Well I said Tillman because in my opinion that's just like Angelos to want Tillman back. DD and Buck to bring Tillman back. 

Archived